so here is my arsenal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so here is my arsenal...

awrighty so here is my little collection. the black sl3 is my most recent purchase and my new fav for obvious reasons. this is the one i got from a pawn shop for $300. it needed strings and set-up, big deal. considering i got the dxmg w the airbrush finish for almost the same price, i think i did pretty good. the ltd? well i got this not too long ago. it needed some work and it was the first neck-thru i ever played. it made me forget about bolt-ons honestly. no disrespect to the bolt on fans. i still love my dinky. i have never seen another one like it so...
    anyways they are all stock w emg's for the dinky and ltd and duncans for the soloist. my two cents on no neck binding on the soloist? well coming from a fan of neck binding, i dont miss it. it has a classy look to it of its own. it aint no poorly crafted bolt on ya know? no way i was gonna quibble for $300 anyways.
    the ltd isnt done yet going thru its overhaul. it isnt the best quality. frankly i was disappointed. but i got a good deal and some other gear to flip so. it still sounds great so i am keeping it for now. plus im going for the weathered-distressed look anyways. lol.
    it plays good if you dont count where the frets are worn through the neck binding. meh...i'm not ashamed to be seen playing it so i will use it as my beater/travel/not concerned with dropping it when i am drunk guitar...

http://www.fizzdigit.com/images/arsenal.jpg <<<< see them here...
    ...I will secretly play a Les Paul when nobody is looking...

WTB really badly...Dean Custom 450 w emg's...

DXMG
    SL3
    LTD M200fm

3 bills for a Jap Soloist is def a great score. I look at that pic and think "Hmmm one of these does not belong!"
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hmmm...

yea i hear ya. i dunno what i was thinkin? ohhh wait..which one dont belong? lol

DXMG
      SL3
      LTD M200fm

Comment

Love the reverse headstock on the Soloist. Shreddy goodness. Do you overhaul many of your acquisitions? I find that I have a hard time leaving them alone- 14 axes and only 4 of 'em are completely stock- one of those being a Charvel Star standard. My Jackson Kelly Std Pro and my RR Ex are modded to the hilt- check the thread out- Randy Rhoads pimp project.

Comment

Love the reverse headstock on the Soloist.
          The soloist is the only non reverse headstock there.

What model of ltd is that? is it an m302 or the fm200 maybe? I had a m302 that I really miss, I avoid the newer indonesian made ones though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            Clearly, I don't know my Jacksons for shit. Hmm. Not gonna lose any sleep on that...

Comment

I remember that LTD. I barely lost an auction on ebay for one. If that is the finish I think it is, then I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD that. Is that the bubinga wood?
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post

What model of ltd is that? is it an m302 or the fm200 maybe? I had a m302 that I really miss, I avoid the newer indonesian made ones though.
                ha ha. i guess the reverse headstocks make me feel more like a rockstar! come to think of it i do tend to just sit and groove w the soloist. ya the other is a dxmg i got off CL last year. its the only one i have seen and its a factory finish - kinda skulls and misty flames - green over black. i dont know if you can get an off the shelf soloist w a reverse headstock? can you? i want one. the ltd? its a m200fm. neck through w i believe maple w agathis wings. yep its indonesian but it plays fine and sounds great. has emg's stock. it was a ordinary flame maple top but i took the finish down and "distressed" it. its clearcoat is all gone save for the headstock. its just tung oiled now. it feels awesome.
                ya i tinker with my stuff. the ltd has no tone knob and im filling the hole. my soloist which i am ever so proud to say i got for $300 is getting a emg in the bridge, full rewire, new pots and i took the clearcoat down on the back of the neck with a green scotchbright pad. it plays as smooth as my wifes thighs lol. i dont ever intend to get rid of it so...

if i had two les pauls? id have one with a reverse and one with a standard open book headstock! lol :think:

DXMG
                SL3
                LTD M200fm

Comment

That ltd head is pretty ugly tho.

Comment

Originally posted by krautstyle View Post
                    if i had two les pauls? id have one with a reverse and one with a standard open book headstock! lol :think:
                    HAHA! Gibson will need a new hook to encourage buyers, and they will prolly offer a reverse headstock, little do they know it will be the same. It will hook some novice buyers though. A reverse explorer stock would be cool though.
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripping Vaginal Skin View Post
                      That ltd head is pretty ugly tho.
                      really? gosh i kinda like it. i really like the old school esp headstocks tho...
                      one mans ugly is another mans beauty.

DXMG
                      SL3
                      LTD M200fm

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                        HAHA! Gibson will need a new hook to encourage buyers, and they will prolly offer a reverse headstock, little do they know it will be the same. It will hook some novice buyers though. A reverse explorer stock would be cool though.
                        how about a les paul w an explorer headstock and a floyd?
                        i see you are a firebird fan too. i would donate an organ for a jackson firebird.

DXMG
                        SL3
                        LTD M200fm

Comment

i see you are a firebird fan too. i would donate an organ for a jackson firebird.
                          I have one but it's a mutt. The only way I could tell was that the neck plate was plain. The pics at home so I'll upload it later, but I am about to buy that one ltd i mentioned on here, so I'll prolly do it when I get that one. But for now, it's black, with a bound body, 24 fret neck, reverse headstock, both are bound also. Gold hardware, including the tuners, emgs. It is string thru. It is bolt on, but that's what I prefer. It is exactly what I would have order from the CS if they made it. Literally my dream guitar!

Comment

Or a V with an explorer headstock, or an explorer with a LP headstock! Gibson should change it up. Will the CS let you do that kinda stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                              Or a V with an explorer headstock, or an explorer with a LP headstock! Gibson should change it up. Will the CS let you do that kinda stuff?
                              i dont know where, but i have seen this V with the LP open book type headstock. a mutt perhaps?

i am always looking for a basketcase firebird knockoff that may be worthy of a jackson neck and some emg's...
                              someday i may go the warmoth route or something...

DXMG
                              SL3
                              LTD M200fm

Comment

Working...
                              X