No announcement yet.

Indian cedro body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Eddie's guitar was hard Ash, at least the original Frankie. He'd never tell, anyway. Hell, he'd probably make Kramer make the bodies of Basswood and tell everyone that's what he used while he "secretly" kept using Ash.
    The charvel art series were basswood.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=511804
    and the new wolfgang's have a 1 1/2" basswood back
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=527909

Comment

My JS-1 sounded ALOT better than my ex-BC Rich Ironbird, which was made from mahogany. So, I don't judge my Jacksons for the wood they're made from.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-08-2010, 06:21 PM.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by elsmacko View Post
        What's so awesome about Basswood? It's rather flat isn't it? Compared to Mahogany, Alder and yes even the Indian Cedro.
        no, it's actually really awesome. just as good as mahogony in different ways

Comment

I don't know anything about cedro as a tonewood, but my first Jackson was a $200 JS1, and it was really a good guitar. I wouldn't worry about buying an entry-level Jackson.

As for basswood, I just got done recording my rhythm parts for an album with a basswood Dinky. I had guitars made from every common tonewood available and went with basswood.
          sigpic

Comment

Cedro to my ears has a warm tone like mahogany with a different character and push to the sound. The Js series ive tried have been on the heavy side. But still sound pretty good. As far as EVH's guitars. frankie is Ash, the Kramers were maple from what ive read. And the MM EVHII the wolfgang and the wolfgang 2.0 are all basswood. The caps are maple.
            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by bluescorpx93 View Post
              U mean its not better than basswood?.. and its used more for acoustics? u mean it wont work great with distortion? not for a metal player?

you will have to partine my english I'm icelandic but any who

the basswood can be god and bad, Dipanding on where you got it out of the tree basswood can be heavy and light. Most of the cheaper models of guitars have the cheaper crappy wood that gives a doll sound most offen. But the more igspennsive has binn dried off and the plankes that they come in are taken and the best piece off the planke. and you can get a very thick and still like a slim tight sound to it

Comment

The Model series I've had were basswood, and to my ears sounded great. I can't speak for the cedro, though...never heard or tried it.

Comment

I own a JS30 Kelly and really like it. I put a Dimarzio ToneZone in the bridge and it rocks! It now has an Evo in the neck (thanks to Newc)!!!

Last edited by BenoA; 04-09-2010, 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

My custom shop soloist is Ash, I love the sound of it.

Sorry, not really contributing but felt like i'd throw that out there.

Cedro doesn't sound too bad.

There. I contributed.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

I have a cheapo mutt that I put together with JS20 body, charvel neck and inexpensive dragonfire pickups. I have to say, I am surprised that it sounds good and plays well. IMO, these bodies are fine for cheap projects or budding luthiers.

Comment

Working...
                      X