Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will replace the San Dimas style 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    it's a vicious cycle. I think Charvel has learned their lesson with ponties. I would not expect to see them on a production model any time soon.
    At production model prices, I think things may be a little bit different. Plus the ones with v-trems really hurt the attempt last time.

Comment

Actually, I've always preffered the pointy. My SDIII has a (sort of) strat style headstock, and I do like it. But as a rule, I don't like strat style headstocks. Which has been one of my few issues (along with the recent jack in price) with the production model. So, yeah, I'd vote for a pointy style.
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by chubtone View Post
        so let me get this straight. Now we're wishing that a usa made charvel did not come with a strat head but instead came with a pointy head stock? I guess if you live long enough you will see it all.

rofl...

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
          At production model prices, I think things may be a little bit different. Plus the ones with v-trems really hurt the attempt last time.
          You apparently missed the boat. The last production pointies (Strats and Stars) could be ordered with your choice of V-trem or Floyd, choice of rosewood, ebony or maple fingerboard, choice of H, H/H, H/S and H/S/S pickup configurations.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In a heartbeat.
            This comes over at the production model price, I'm right there.
            Or this in a shell pink.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              In a heartbeat.
              This comes over at the production model price, I'm right there.
              Or this in a shell pink.

Love the color, but kill the tone knob and that worthless trem. Make it a hardtail or Floyd equipped with chrome hardware, and then we'd be talking about another sold out model. Rock.

Comment

Fender makes a boatload of guitars with worthless tremolos, no thanks to one more as far as I'm concerned.

A hardtail would be cool, though, and something you can't get on many Strats these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  Fender makes a boatload of guitars with worthless tremolos, no thanks to one more as far as I'm concerned.
                  You shouldn't dis Floyds like that.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                    You shouldn't dis Floyds like that.
                    Zing!
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                      So let me get this straight. Now we're wishing that a USA made Charvel did NOT come with a strat head but instead came with a pointy head stock? I guess if you live long enough you will see it all. :ROTF:
                      I was referring to just the SD2 tele body with a pointy. I've always liked teles with a pointy headstock or a regular tele headstock.

Comment

I'm throwing my guess in there:

Strat body, ebony board, H/S/S. Otherwise, you already have the SoCal and SD1, a simple rosewood board wouldn't make much of a difference by itself. But an ebony board, AND different pickup config clould be called something else, like the SD3, etc.
                        '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                        '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                        '98 PRS Custom 22
                        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I don't see ebony at this pricepoint.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK View Post
                            I'm throwing my guess in there:

Strat body, ebony board, H/S/S. Otherwise, you already have the SoCal and SD1, a simple rosewood board wouldn't make much of a difference by itself. But an ebony board, AND different pickup config clould be called something else, like the SD3, etc.
                            ... or the AS model, as in Adrian Smith...

Comment

Does anyone have a date that the new models will be announced? I thought someone had said it should be sometime this month?

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                                Does anyone have a date that the new models will be announced? I thought someone had said it should be sometime this month?
                                They've released the new models at the beginning of each quarter, so it should be early October I suppose. Last batch was released July 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X