No announcement yet.

NGD - San Dimas Type 1 - Taxi Cab Yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I used it last night at rehearsal and it freaking rocked. The other guys thought so too. The tone was fantastic. I switched to my Les Paul and the difference was very noticeable (of course), but the difference didn't cause me to EQ my amp any differently.

In other words, they sound different, but compliment each other or something. I'm loving it for sure and the yellow is really growing on me.

Comment

Originally posted by jet66 View Post
      ...Hmm... I wonder if a SoCal pickguard would fit it directly.
      This is really dumb, but I didn't think of that. lol... But now that you mention it, that seems possible.

Comment

I'm not a yellow fan, but I have to say that guitar looks like it came right out of a 1984 Charvel catalog! Very custom Charvel looking. Enjoy it!
        '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
        '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
        '98 PRS Custom 22
        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I like the yellow and black pickguard. It really looks nice. I'd see if you could get like a mat metal one, like the kind you'd see on the older G&L's. Then while you're at it, have it configured for a H/S. That would be cool.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

hey thump! cool to see you here

Comment

Originally posted by thenine View Post
              hey thump! cool to see you here
              Hey thanks! I'm definitely still digging this guitar and the yellow has grown on me 100%. I totally dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thump View Post
                Here it is:

I just got it yesterday (now a few days ago) and am already wondering if I should've just got the black model instead, but the yellow is kind of growing on me and there's no question that I bonded with this particular yellow guitar over all the others. So I guess the decision was right, but still... It's yellow!?!?!? LOL
                Chris, I think your new Charvel also looks cool in the company of your other more traditional looking guitars.

That picture certainly shows a nice little arrangement to pose with on stage.

I love my San Dimas too. It's black but I think it goes with my more yellow looking guitars, especially the Wildkat:

Alan
                Last edited by alanhindle; 08-02-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm still totally digging this guitar! (except for the paint cracking and flaking off around the strap buttons - see other thread.)

I made a video with it that I forgot to share here. The amps are the focus of the video, but I use my Charvel in it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvO_Muv2-k

Comment

Nice playing! Some really good tones you are getting there, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jet66 View Post
                      Nice playing! Some really good tones you are getting there, too.
                      Thanks man! I played two gigs this past weekend and used the Charvel for a total of 4 out of 6 sets. I'm really enjoying it!

Comment

Working...
                      X