No announcement yet.

Hard case for "new" Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those old J/C cases are damn hard to find in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      Those old J/C cases are damn hard to find in good condition.
      Damn straight! The typical grey chainsaw case for sale has broken latches, missing hinges and pushed in feet. There are some tweed cases available in decent shape but are at ridiculous prices. Better off going new IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
        Damn straight! The typical grey chainsaw case for sale has broken latches, missing hinges and pushed in feet. There are some tweed cases available in decent shape but are at ridiculous prices. Better off going new IMO.
        That's because if you sneeze near a chainsaw case the latches fall off - those things were crap (very cool crap, though).
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          That's because if you sneeze near a chainsaw case the latches fall off - those things were crap (very cool crap, though).
          :ROTF:
          Too true. You should've seen the chain saw case John Lawson used for shipping a model 6 for our guitar trade. Before you ask, he accurately described it before we made the deal so I knew it sucked before it arrived and it protected the guitar just fine. But even knowing it sucked, I fell over when I saw this thing. I've never seen a case so frickin abused. No working latches, only one hinge barely hanging on and all four feet rusted out and pushed in. Amazingly, the inside is still in decent shape. Ill try to find a photo of it and post if anyone wants a laugh.

Comment

Come on guys, you're not old-school cool if you don't have a couple of bungee cords holding your case shut.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
              Come on guys, you're not old-school cool if you don't have a couple of bungee cords holding your case shut.
              Nice. Johnnie used black duct tape to wrap around the whole case.

Comment

The chainsaw cases fit the dinky bodies and the style 1 will not fit.
                Any full sized strat case will work just fine,Gator,SKB,G&G.
                Funny thing tho' my 85 SD soloist wouldn't fit in a Charvel model 6 chainsaw case.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X