Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One humbucker,V trem USA production model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love it, but had to vote NO because I wouldn't actually buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      I would vote "no" on the poll if I could vote on the poll, which I don't know why I can't.
      you cant vote because like another member told you your name is too long! It is a CONSPIRACY! LOL...
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        This was basically already tried with the earlier Charvel limited edition stratheads. 25th Anny, Bullseye, Lightning Bolt Star, anyone?

With all due respect, this would go over like a fart in church.
        Depending on the pricepoint.
        Those others didn't go over well may be connected to their expensive price.

If they did a 1 hum or 2 with the vtrem at production pricing, It may be different.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post

If they did a 1 hum or 2 with the vtrem at production pricing, It may be different.
          you are one of the few who understand what my original point of this thread was.. For instance i would NOT pay $1800 for a CS one bucker,one volume, V trem., no graphic. But i would buy that SAME charvel at the price it cost for a USA production model. $1000
          Last edited by savage; 07-20-2009, 11:16 PM.
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

If they were to have a 1 hum USA pro mod, I'd use a tremking trem as to give players who want a classic look what they want, but it would also give Floyd players the use of a trem but it would just look like a stock fender tremolo. On the plus side, tremking trems require a normal nut and while they are a hardtail setup, they can do dives and pull ups.

if you're unfamilliar with the tremking, check out the vid-
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyJNvY4MlFg

Comment

hardtail w/ 1-hum.
              Mmmmmm sexy.

Comment

One humbucker,V, trem USA production model?YES!!!!

not a big fan of V trems... sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post

No, IMHO it was less an issue of price and more that they had the unpopular V-trems. At least those limiteds had nice flame-tops and graphics going for them.

They would sell even less of the production models with a V-trem because they wouldn't even have the cache of a quasi-collectible limited edition with cool custom shop finishes.

Fartsville.

Comment

Just a thought, but, Fender could save some CNC work on a lot of their models if they could design a v-trem lookalike that could fit in a floyd route. It may need just a bigger baseplate to work.

Then 1 route, your choice of trem, and everybody would be satisfied.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Yeah but with all the crying about "having to change the chrome hardware on the White S1 to black myself", you think many people would spend the dosh on having a 1-hum wonder properly Floyded and routed for a neck pickup?

I voted no, but I actually think they should do it for the next run, if for no other reason than so everyone will finally shut the fuck up about them. Production cost would increase due to the neck pocket, bridge, and pickup route changes, and you simply cannot throw on a vintage-style steel Fender-branded bridge - It's gotta be brass or it's a "let's pretend" Charvel.
                      The small batch run of 150 should keep casualties to a minimum, though.

While it's a "simple program change" in the CNC router, it's a change. You know hwo easy it is to hook a diagnostics computer to a car's interface port? Yet a lot of places still charge $500 just to do that. "You're paying for the skill to keep from blowing the computer out" (aside from the fact it's just unhooking the battery cable and grounding yourself properly).
                      The same thing applies here - you're paying for the skill to change presets in a computer.

You're also paying for someone to keep track of those so they don't end up as Fenders, or with the wrong options (though bar coded tags in the neck pocket should hold all the info).

Still, you get people involved, you get errors, so the cost is going to increase. $1700 is too much to pay for a production model 1-hum-wonder.

I still don't get why you just can't NOT use the pickup switch or Floyd bar?

I hear you on this- and just talking production, not advertising or inventory etc etc. which you can certainly argue wouldn't add too much extra $$$, but we really don't know what it would cost. All that can be said for certain is that it would be "more".

There's also the argument that it wouldn't add much to overall sales- A one hum model might cannibalize sales of the other models, for example, rather than add incremental units to make it worth the effort.

I certainly can use the pickup switch, and do. But I just like the look of one-hum guitars. Purely aesthetics!

Comment

I want a single hum production model with a v trem or a Floyd Rose in a vintage type Charvel color.

If you really want the old Charvel vibe, you buy a production model with a v trem and then have it Floyded so you have those mojo boosting extra holes under the Floyd like most of the original ones have.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                          If you really want the old Charvel vibe, you buy a production model with a v trem and then have it Floyded so you have those mojo boosting extra holes under the Floyd like most of the original ones have.
                          Bullshit.

You need to go v-trem to crooked Floyd to Kahler to recessed Floyd back to v-trem with a rattlecan refinish for full-on mojo.

-------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I don't want the old Charvel vibe. Not many people do, according to the sales of the last Re-issues and GJ Legacy series.

Those fit the "old skool Charvel" profile. They sold like shitburgers. No one wants a shitburger.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't want the old Charvel vibe. Not many people do, according to the sales of the last Re-issues and GJ Legacy series.

Those fit the "old skool Charvel" profile. They sold like shitburgers. No one wants a shitburger.
                              I think the lack of sales was due to being way over fucking priced and the fact it was FMIC trying to replicate the same people they sued the shit out of years ago. There is still a general distrust of FMIC and their actions.

Comment

I have 2 questions first do u own a old original? And dont u think that the high price tag reflected the sales of those?

Comment

Working...
                                X