So, Tell me if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
    Those little holes are actually tone ports. The amount of sustain and resonance increase from adding that one extra little hole is just ridiculous. My candy tangerine is still ringing and resonating as I type this. I haven't played it since Tuesday.
    +1. I mic that little hole in the studio, and mix it in as an ambient sound for the mic'd amp speakers.

Comment

Mine came unmounted, in the case. I installed it on the back of my So-Cal. It killed the tone. Seriously though, I never mount them myself on the headstock. I keep them in the case, in their lil ziplocks. For the guitars I bought w/them already installed, I do leave them there but almost never remove them for use. I keep a sleeve of US and Metric Allen wrenches in my gig tote. I don't particularly like the headstock mount deal but I don't despise it either. I suppose for the average non-giging guitar owner back in the day, those wrenches were not as easily found as they are now? These days you can buy a cheap set for about 3 bucks almost anywhere. I've even seen them for less at some dollar stores.
      In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I just mounted mine on the fretboard at the 12th fret. It serves as a wrench holder, AND a capo for the g and d strings. :idea:

:ROTF:

Comment

I drill holes in the body to stick the wrenches in so they're right by the pickups.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I am thinking about having Allen wrenches implanted in to the middle, ring, and pinky fingers of my right hand. Then I can actually adjust stuff while I'm playing.

Comment

Working...
            X