X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    I know it always is for me!

Yeah well, you're a candyass anyway

j/k I hear ya on the pain and agony involved in shlepping gear - I'm 40 years old and I try not to move my 2x12 cabinet these days :ROTF:
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
      White tele looks awesome , i wish they did the SD1 like that instead of the chrome and creme
      I agree with that, I had a chance for a SD1 cheap but the zebras and beige with the chrome threw me off a bit...black is tougher looking in this case.

Comment

I like the yellow, it has potential for some cool graphics ideas, like the already mentioned tiger striping.

I'm just glad they didn't do the baby/robin's egg blue SD1, I can't afford for them to do that at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by metalgod72 View Post
          I agree with that, I had a chance for a SD1 cheap but the zebras and beige with the chrome threw me off a bit...black is tougher looking in this case.

You do realize you could have sold all that hardware to cover your replacement hardware cost?

Jesus Christ I hate Metalkids.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Jesus Christ I hate Metalkids.
            But you don't disagree that black is "tougher looking?"
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Black hardware on white body has always reminded me of toys. It all looks plastic. Some could argue it looks like a Stormtrooper, but then again, we go right back to plastic.

There's just nothing "tough" about black hardware on a white surface. Bright/Shiny surfaces are a symbol of success. Dull/non-reflective surfaces are symbol of poverty.

Comment

If the San Dimas Style 2 2H is being discontinued, it is a no brainer for Charvel to offer a San Dimas Style 1 1H.

Comment

The White SD2 would look good with chrome pickup covers on it, and chrome hardware of course. I kinda like that one, too bad they don't listen and change the headstock to a traditional tele design, more people would have bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                    The White SD2 would look good with chrome pickup covers on it, and chrome hardware of course. I kinda like that one, too bad they don't listen and change the headstock to a traditional tele design, more people would have bought them.

Nah, I'd just give it red PU rings and some black bengal stripes.

Comment

It's not as simple as making the decision to use a given headstock. Despite the fact these are made by Fender employees trained by Charvel's builders, the Charvel division still has to get a license from Fender to use the Strathead. That license fee goes into the cost of production. That fee is minimized by being split evenly among the 3 models. If only 1 model is getting a Tele head, and therefore only one model is paying for the Tele head license, that one model will not fall in line with the pricing of the other 2 (which will no doubt increase now that the Style2 has been dropped, unless they replace it with another Strathead model by the next run).

There's no iron-clad guarantee that the Style 2 will sell in the amounts required to pay for the license and be a profitable model if it gets a Tele head.

Logic dictates (and past market behavior has proven) that if someone is so traditionalist that they want a Tele head on a Tele body, then the Floyd will also have to go. That requires a manufacturing setup change.

All changes add to the cost, and I think you guys who were asking for a 1H are going to be unpleasantly surprised when you see the street price is actually more than the Style1 or SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Yeah well, you're a candyass anyway

j/k I hear ya on the pain and agony involved in shlepping gear - I'm 40 years old and I try not to move my 2x12 cabinet these days :ROTF:
                        side note-

When I was 22 or 23 I was always looking for what full stack to get. A friend of mine who owned a music store (and about 30 years my senior) told me "You know, you might want all that now, but trust me when you get a little older, all you'll want is a practice amp." Me of course being the genius I am (sarcasm) I doubted that, thinking "Oh boy i'm gonna play heavy metal on 10 til the day i die." yeah...

now I'm 38 and I dread it every time I look at my half stack and think about having to take it anywhere. Of course when I was 22 I expected to have roadies carrying these things to the stage... ah, to be a dumbass 22 year old again.
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                          The White SD2 would look good with chrome pickup covers
                          Ughh... you just made me throw-up a little bit in my mouth.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I bet once the SD-2 are discontinued that they'll become collectors items :O) Everybody better go out and buy what's left!

I personally liked the SD-2 although I didn't care for a couple of the colors. I really like the white one and wouldn't mind having one if the funds allowed.

Comment

The white with black reminds me clearly of the mid 80's guitars! If it was Snow White Pearl, I would buy one!! Actually, if I didn't already have an 85 Soloist in SWP, I would buy one!
                              '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                              '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                              '98 PRS Custom 22
                              '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Working...
                              X