5th batch pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    they did a production US Star a few years back, with a pointy headstock. Joe has/had one
    Damn, i missed out big time! I love stars.
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Don't really know why, but I'm glad that they are discontinuing the Tele, it just doesn't belong to the line up.
      Just the idea of seeing future batches of all Strats just makes it look more "Charvel", if that makes sense.

And the at this point, the only (very) minor tweak i'd love to see is to have each color scheme available with chrome or black hardware, just make half of each.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
        Very true, so maybe a variation of a strat shape?
        Or just another strat shape with a different pickup configuration.
        Dave

Comment

Maybe the Tele could be replaced by a 1 hum Strat shape so every quarter you have your choice of 1hum, 2hum, or pick-guarded Charvel
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            they did a production US Star a few years back, with a pointy headstock. Joe has/had one

I remember those, but IIRC they were priced (MSRP) around USA Select range ($1300-$1700?).
            To meet the (current) target price of $1100 MAP (lowest price you can advertise them for, but you're free to charge more), I still think it'd take a tad more than limiting them to one pickup config and a one-piece maple neck.

As well, there's entirely too much nitpicking in the Star market - Kahlered or Floyded or v-trem, recessed Floyd or non-recessed, 1H or 2H or H-S or H-S-S or H-S-H, blade or toggle, etc etc.

Everyone's got their own idea about hwo a Star should look - the Shazam graphic, solid color, bright yellow, Harley graphic, Budweiser, EVH (both WACF Destroyer and the "regular EVH Star" b&w graphic), one-hum+v-trem becuz that's how Wayne did it a hundred years ago (ignoring the fact it was also the cheapest way to go, as if small shops would have no financial restraints and they made those choices out of some twisted loyalty to Leo or some mythological Purity Of Tone b.s.) etc.

Ergo, I simply do not see a Production Star happening. Granted I'd love to see the Star take over for the Style2, but that's a hard crowd to please - everybody wants one, but they're split into small camps devoted to a given layout, and neither camp is large enough to sustain a production run on their own, unless the people that want more than 1H + v-trem are all skilled luthiers that could add their own extra pickup routes and bridges and wouldn't mind doing the work.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Ergo, I simply do not see a Production Star happening. Granted I'd love to see the Star take over for the Style2, but that's a hard crowd to please - everybody wants one, but they're split into small camps devoted to a given layout, and neither camp is large enough to sustain a production run on their own, unless the people that want more than 1H + v-trem are all skilled luthiers that could add their own extra pickup routes and bridges and wouldn't mind doing the work.
              I agree - the niche Star market is too small (smaller than the tele market, I would say). I disagree about the layout - I think the Kahler and v-trem crowd is even smaller, so the Floyd would be a must have.

But could you imagine if they did a production run (of any body style) with a hardtail or v-trem? That would mean Charvel necks with standard nuts (non-locking). Those poor SOB's would be stripped for parts so fast - strathead Charvel necks with standard nuts - that's internet auction gold.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                I agree - the niche Star market is too small (smaller than the tele market, I would say). I disagree about the layout - I think the Kahler and v-trem crowd is even smaller, so the Floyd would be a must have.

But could you imagine if they did a production run (of any body style) with a hardtail or v-trem? That would mean Charvel necks with standard nuts (non-locking). Those poor SOB's would be stripped for parts so fast - strathead Charvel necks with standard nuts - that's internet auction gold.

Speaking of that, when I listed my SoCal neck on Ebay, I checked the Completed Listings to see if anyone had already done it and what they got. I didn't find any, so barring a backdoor/pulled/purged listing, I was the first to sell one. After seeing what sellers like reliablefender have done since then, I really wish I hadn't opened that can of worms. I made great money off of it, but they're flooding the market and thus killing the prices, but they're still setting B.I.N.s too high for the volume. Plus they're being greedy with the parting out - no hardware with the neck, stripping the bodies. Idiots.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Are they getting those $400+ BIN's for the necks, or are they just sitting there? That's high, but if you look at what you get for a Fender Signature neck (Eric Johnson), the price seems in line.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

They sell regularly for around $250-$300 at auction, but I haven't tracked their $400 BINs. I got $482 for mine. Had these idiots spaced them out over a longer period rather than flooding the market (i.e. not have more than one listing running at a time), they could be getting $400-$450+ easily. Now, they're screwing everyone including themselves.

Comment

I often wonder about the prices dealers put up for stuff on eBay when they know the product is not going to sell at that price. I'm wondering if there isn't some business reason for listing item like that - some sort of tax dodge or insurance thing.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Well, they see MF listing full MSRP and think "hey, that's Guitard Center, and they sell a lot of stuff, so I can undercut them by $50 and everyone will flock to me!", but completely ignore the smaller dealers who are actually looking to sell inventory and who therefore price the same inventory with that novel idea in mind.

Comment

Exactly. I'm surprised so many people cannot figure out how to replace hardware.

It's embarrassing to be a guitarist these days.
                          What's to figure out? I just don't want the hassle, I'd rather buy it that way. I think it's more embarrassing to be a smart ass who thinks he knows everything, no?

Comment

I'll have all of these available so give me a ring if you want to grab one when they become available!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
                            35 Pleasant St
                            Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                            781-335-0700
                            www.mattsmusic.com
                            --------------------------------
                            6 months 0% Financing Available
                            Gibson Custom Shop Super Dealer
                            Grosh, Suhr and Anderson Custom Guitars Dealer
                            Now shipping Mesa/Boogie amps anywhere in the USA!
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                              What's to figure out? I just don't want the hassle, I'd rather buy it that way. I think it's more embarrassing to be a smart ass who thinks he knows everything, no?
                              What "hassle"? A few online clicks and 20 minutes of your time is considered a hassle these days? Wow, then I guess lugging your gear to a venue is a gut-wrenching ordeal full of screams of agony and a flood of tears.

Comment

What "hassle"? A few online clicks and 20 minutes of your time is considered a hassle these days? Wow, then I guess lugging your gear to a venue is a gut-wrenching ordeal full of screams of agony and a flood of tears.
                                I know it always is for me!
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X