• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweOak View Post
    Did you mean www.floydupgrades.com ?
    Yes I did! Thanks!.....

Comment

Call me crazy (everybody else does), but I like the Strat-head Teles.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
        I wasn't really clear in my post. I meant it SHOULD be the San Dimas Style 1 would be a no pickguard strat with a single hum and the San Dimas Style 2 would be a no pickguard strat with 2 humbuckers. I have been calling for axing the Tele for a while now. They are too tough to sell and thankfully, enough dealers have been telling Charvel the same thing so they are stopping them after this batch.

I actually agree with Chubtone. I think "sans pickguard". The tele is just.............................................. ........a waste of time. Not because they aren't desireable by buyers, but just not desireable "enough" to sell "enough". Also, the tele body isn't stringly associated with the Charvel "brand". it becomes a stretch. The Strat/Star bodies Charvel association is
        just really strong. Charvel and tele is like Epi making strat copies.

I also think the metallics w/black guard (while attractive) don't really look like Charvels (except Jakes). I like the orange and the plum but everytime I see green w/black I think "1985 Fender Contemporary Strat".

To be fair to Fender though, you can't make all of them red, or white, or black so while I don't care a lot for the metallics I can see a need fo color changes when making this many "runs"
        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by TTripp View Post
          Call me crazy (everybody else does), but I like the Strat-head Teles.
          Hi there Crazy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
            I actually agree with Chubtone. I think "sans pickguard". The tele is just.............................................. ........a waste of time. Not because they aren't desireable by buyers, but just not desireable "enough" to sell "enough". Also, the tele body isn't stringly associated with the Charvel "brand". it becomes a stretch. The Strat/Star bodies Charvel association is
            just really strong. Charvel and tele is like Epi making strat copies.

I also think the metallics w/black guard (while attractive) don't really look like Charvels (except Jakes). I like the orange and the plum but everytime I see green w/black I think "1985 Fender Contemporary Strat".

To be fair to Fender though, you can't make all of them red, or white, or black so while I don't care a lot for the metallics I can see a need fo color changes when making this many "runs"

Yeah, especially when you look at the JS-series Jacksons and see they only come in 3 colors - black, red, and blue. And those are full-time production models.

Granted it will get to the point where they'll run out of colors - metallic or otherwise - but then they can always simply rotate the ones they've done - CT Style 1, PG Style 1, Plum/Purple Style 1, CG Style 1, FR Style 1, White SoCal, CAR SoCal, Taxi SoCal, etc.

Hopefully sales won't be so polarized across the country that the line stops completely, or another model is dropped.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X