Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Can't Charvel make a Production Left Hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not found a production lefty 5 string bass nut available to the public.
    I got a 4 string left nut for my charvel bass off Bass parts depot they said their bass nut was a certain dimension and it was actually smaller, I emailed them to note it on their product and they never changed it. So we are just basically screwed unless we learn to make it ourselves or pay a luthier.
    Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

As stated, it is all about weighing the cost vs revenue. It just wouldn't make good business sense. I feel for you leftys but if you can't play right-handed just reverse string a righty.
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Left-handers are not to be trusted. They're just not right.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by srommes View Post
          As stated, it is all about weighing the cost vs revenue. It just wouldn't make good business sense. I feel for you leftys but if you can't play right-handed just reverse string a righty.
          You still need a nut unless it's straight a pull to the tuners. But that feels kinda strange at the first fret on the fatty strings.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
            Left-handers are not to be trusted. They're just not right.
            I always thought a good show line-up would be : "A Little Off" opening for "Not Quite Right" .. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              That's not true at all. Someone who writes right-handed has difficulty writing left-handed because their muscle-memory has been trained to write right-handed and their brain doesn't know how to write left-handed.

Can right handed people drive a manual transmission in the UK? Or is that only for lefties?

If you take someone who has never played guitar and give them a right-handed guitar, regardless of their "handedness," they will be able to learn how to play.

I learned how to play golf left handed because my father was left handed and he had left handed clubs.
              I am not agree with that.
              I am lefty and before learning guitar, lot of people told me to learn as a "righty". I tried but I couldn't. It was much easier with a left handed guitar.
              I play golf a little bit too, and I can play left or right; it's not a problem for me. But for guitar, I can't! Lefty is a only way I can imagine play the guitar. It's in the brain...

Comment

^^^^ Gary Moore is a noted natural leftie who learnt how to play guitar right handed.

Comment

wow this thread is old, and poor leftyBOB. I bought all the lefty jackson basses I could find years ago so there were none left for him
                  http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Buy a Charvel neck and hardware off Ebay - U.S site called the Startosphere.
                    Then if in the U.S get Guitar Mills to make you a lefty body that will look really cool with a reverse headstock!
                    If in the Uk (or US) get sims custom guitars to make you either a body or the whole guitar as they are custom shop quality!

My son is a lefty and I'm teaching him to play right handed...I blame your parents!!

Comment

since when do you see a lefty neck from ebay???

and put a righty neck on a lefty body --you got's to be kidding right?
                      how much uglier can it get ---ewwww forget the fact the sticker is backwards but it just don't look right:

even on a righty --- too weird for my tastes!!

and as far as leftys being shit out of luck, nobody denys that now a days there are tons of lefty guitars and basses available, but like anything else, perhaps not from the manufacturer you want, or the color that is offered on a righty and if I would have STARTED out from day 1 I would have been a lefty-playing-righty many years ago.

way too late now for me.
                      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
                        As Much as I would love to get my hands on a Charvel. The Rules are

Left hand are not avail in Production models, Only through Custom Shop. So I decided to download the Charvel Custom Shop Form.

WOW

San Dimas Starts at 3000.00 then the left hand option is 777.00.

That is 3777.00 and I have not even picked out the Hardware yet or paint.

What Gives?

For a production they start at about 999.00. Why can't this option be available for left hand players as well? why do the lefty's have Shell out that kind of money.

Yes there are less Left hand players in the world I understand that. However If the argument is there is no demand for that . Well to my understanding Charvel has never tried that.

What Gives?

I would like to say that Charvel should at least discuss the issue to have Production models available to us Lefties as well.

Those are list prices. Call a dealer like Squid Music and work with them. You aren't going to pay anywhere near the list price once you've picked your options...

Steve
                        Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                        My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

Working...
                        X