GAS - SoCal pagan Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
    Well, I thought the gigbag was OK for what it is although I think they ought to come with a hardshell case.
    After moderate use mine is showing lots of threads coming apart and zippers breaking. Its nothing to write home about, is all. I've seen worse - and I guess better would cost as much as a case.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Peavy? Really? They make guitars?
      They try.............. :ROTF:

Comment

I got my new SD1 and I've had no problems with it. They floyd stay in tune exceptionally well and the fret work is fantastic. I'm playing it more than all my other guitars combined. The neck is pure awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          After moderate use mine is showing lots of threads coming apart and zippers breaking. Its nothing to write home about, is all. I've seen worse - and I guess better would cost as much as a case.
          I've been meaning to tell you that I LOVE the mods you did to your black SD-1 with the chrome floyd and creme pickups!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
            I've been meaning to tell you that I LOVE the mods you did to your black SD-1 with the chrome floyd and creme pickups!
            Thanks bro - I've been diggin' it too. It just looks right. I think all black is just too... well, how much more black can you get? And the answer is none - none more black.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Another point to note. Wouldn't it be fair to say that a socal is more easily 'modable' because of the pick guard. For me that's the only disadvantage of me having an SD1, not that I'm in to modding.

Great guitars by the way. You won't regret getting one.

Alan

Comment

I love my Tang SoCal. Absolutely great guitar that is presently my number 1 over a PRS and a few early 80's customer Charvels. The great thing is I'm not worried about playing it hard and it getting banged up like my other guitars.

Regarding quality, everything has been fine with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by alanhindle View Post
                  Another point to note. Wouldn't it be fair to say that a socal is more easily 'modable' because of the pick guard. For me that's the only disadvantage of me having an SD1, not that I'm in to modding.

Great guitars by the way. You won't regret getting one.

Alan

That's a very big advantage fo the SoCals - you can swap the pickguard for H-S-S, or H-S-H with no problem.

S-S-S will require a slight modification to the body, however, where you'll have to shave off about 1/8" of wood to fit the baseplate of a single coil in the bridge because of the angle.

As well, there's a slight nub near the edge of the bridge single coil that you'll have to shave down (maybe 1/4") to get the pickup to fit.

However, it's under the pickguard.

Adding a 2nd knob hole to an SD1 or SD2 is simple. All you need is a Forstner bit the diameter of the pot shaft you're putting in and a good drill.
                  It punches a neat and tidy hole just perfect for pots without chipping the paint.
                  Last edited by Newc; 06-16-2009, 04:34 AM.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Okay most of the forum slang i have been able to figure our, like IMO and IIRC but GAS i have no clue about. What does it mean?
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Guitar (or Gear) Aquisition Syndrome
                      Blank yo!

Comment

I went to one of the two stores that sell Charvel where I live, and I tried a So-Cal pagan gold.
                        Nice neck. Set-up was not as I would like it, and the guy in the shop didn´t have time to set it up. I do think the pick guard looks cheap though.
                        The heel of the neck is kind of on the thick side, and the neck plate adds up a bit too.
                        It should have been recessed, but hey, I´d probably get used to this in no time.
                        Nice guitar. If I buy one, I´ll make a new pick guard.
                        A perloid one would fit the pagan gold finish perfectly, don´t you agree?

Comment

Another thing: I do not like the truss rod access!!! Why do it like that? They could have used a truss rod like the Peavey Wolfgangs and still have had the access at the body end!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nybergh View Post
                            Another thing: I do not like the truss rod access!!! Why do it like that?
                            That is how it was done on the original Charvels, too.

Originally posted by Nybergh View Post
                            A perloid one would fit the pagan gold finish perfectly, don´t you agree?
                            Yes, I do.

Comment

Awesome!! I knew I was right!

Comment

Meh. Those pearloid pickguards look like the dining table in the housetrailer my Uncle lives in :puke:
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X