No announcement yet.

its time to start speculating again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pink 1 hum and a Floyd would rock my world.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
      Yeah, yeah, I know I'm totally in the minority on that one. Nevertheless, I likes what I likes.

And yes, it's just like the '96 San Dimas models, which are awesome.
      In that case, perhaps you should focus on finding those.

Not trying to be an ass here, but every change - no matter how minor it seesm to us - is added cost to the production, and therefore added cost to the buyer. With the bickering over a measly $100 upcharge on the 4th run ($999 to $1099) another change would add another $100 minimum to the price.

Making Strathead SD RIs will be a $1300+ guitar, putting them on-par with USA Select Jacksons for pricing. Still cheaper than a Custom Shop, but moving well away from the "affordable SuperStrat market"

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
      It's just a thing that most of the Charvels from back in the day were fitted with floyds after purchase because Kramer had the FR license.
      And that is the biggest reason those had v-trems and Kahlers. Not because it was a nod to Leo or because the Kahler was such a great bridge, but because at that time the only way to get a real Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo was either from Floyd Rose himself, or to buy an entire Kramer guitar and take off the trem. $500+ upcharges were added to some Jackson Custom Shop orders that wanted a Floyd, because Jackson had to buy a Kramer and get the trem and nut off of it (if the customer didn't supply it themselves - either way, someone had to shell out extra dough for a new guitar just to strip it).
      I recall reading that in an interview many years ago.

Today, the Floyd Rose is not locked down to one guitar brand, hence there's no need for a v-trem on a Charvel. Had the FR been as readily available back then as it is today, I seriously doubt you'd have seen many v-tremmed or Kahlered Charvels.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm totally in the minority on that one. Nevertheless, I likes what I likes.

And yes, it's just like the '96 San Dimas models, which are awesome
        Those 2002 charvel imports are just like those and are really great guitars. You should check those out if you haven't.

On the taxi cab yellow. Are there still yellow cabs out there? There isn't around here.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          On the taxi cab yellow. Are there still yellow cabs out there? There isn't around here.:ROTF:
          Move out of the sticks - we got tens of thousands of proper, New York City Yellow cabs over here. All day, every day.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            Those 2002 charvel imports are just like those and are really great guitars. You should check those out if you haven't.
            Oh yeah, I love those guitars. I have a blue one right now. Had a red one and sold it.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
              Quick one here.. the San Dimas Style 2 is going away. You won't see it for quite some time. The third guitar will be a wild card, one of the other platforms with features and configurations that you don't normally see on the USA PMS.

The Polar White San Dimas Style 2 is the last of it's kind. Also, we picked Polar White because it was the most requested color for the Style 2.

Thanks,

Mike

I second the different body shapes option!

Just a thought, but maybe you could offer a so-cal body style with a S/Nothing/S configuration. Maybe EMG single coils with a mid boost knob. And please do something about that trashy PG.

Comment

an sd1 in ferrari red would be totally awesome
                i agree with whoever said earlier that they should be making single pickup models too
                or maybe if they just had all the colours availble for each model would be cool
                also...
                how are people creating the charvel virtual guitar things?!?!
                ive seen virtual guitar things for strats n stuff but not charvel ones..
                are people just using them and editing them?

Comment

Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
                  i agree with whoever said earlier that they should be making single pickup models too
                  also...
                  "Go Platinum!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                    I second the different body shapes option!

Just a thought, but maybe you could offer a so-cal body style with a S/Nothing/S configuration. Maybe EMG single coils with a mid boost knob. And please do something about that trashy PG.
                    Warmoth
                    sells
                    pickguards
                    including
                    custom
                    models
                    in
                    any
                    configuration
                    you
                    want

Originally posted by John.E.Fawkes View Post
                    also...

Am I the only one seeing these? :think:
                    Red Charvel on Ebay

As for the Virtual Charvels, you can either pay the $20/year fee to be a Platinum Member and use the Generator or contact AlexL about buying it on CD from him.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I remember seeing a website that had the entire virtual custom shop on it for free a few months ago. Should have bookmarked it.
                      THIS IS MY POST
                      Thanks for reading

Comment

There's a couple of sites that have Strats and whatnot, and probably Charvels and Jacksons, but if you saw one that said "Luquid Pixel Shop's Custom Guitar Generator" and it wasn't on this site or on the Liquid Pixel Shop homepage, that site needs to be reported for piracy.
                        Eric put a ton of work into that - learning Flash from the ground up and figuring out how to make it do everything it can do - and he deserves proper credit and payment for it. If someone's got it uploaded for free, I'll personally go to their house and break their fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          : Am I the only one seeing these? :think:
                          Red Charvel on Ebay
                          Yeah but that's the ugly ass candy red.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Is Candy Apple Red so far removed from Ferrari Red? I know C.A.R. has the slight sparkle to it and F.R. is flat, but the brightness should be the same.

Comment

Candy Apple Red and Ferrari Red are very different. CAR is a bright, sparkly finish with metalflake in it. Ferrari Red is more of a flat, solid color (no flake) that sometimes appears to have a slight orangey tint to it from certain angles.

Both very cool colors. But very different.

Comment

Agreed. I used to like candy colors, but now I prefer non-candies. My old Kramer was CAR.

But my first Model 4 was Ferrari Red - and it was such a killer color. I should have bought a FR 2005 pointy Model 4 look-a-like that Sam Ash was blowing out a couple years ago. Ah, well...
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X