No announcement yet.

State of the Modded Charvels address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think people change control layouts often enough to warrant cutting the pickguard. It is a great idea, but personally, i dont feel the need to change things around often enough to need it. I think that'll be the same case for the majority of guitar players.

You only need one decent layout, and it should have enough options to last you for the lifetime of the guitar
    THIS IS MY POST
    Thanks for reading

Comment

Ummm...we're not talking about normal people here...we're talking about Newc! :ROTF:

Comment

Touche' good sir.
        THIS IS MY POST
        Thanks for reading

Comment

Yeah, what's this "normal" you speak of?
          You've seen these fancy cords and cables and Y-boxes and adaptors and such you can buy off the shelf these days?

I was building those myself 20 years ago because no one made them, and no one else saw the need for them.

Pedalboards that had built-in routing options so you could put anything anywhere and shoot it to different amps simply by flipping a few switches or swapping a few cables among a set of jacks on the board?
          I was designing those 20 years ago myself because no one else had them, and no one I spoke to saw the need for it.

Rack units that allow you to specify two totally separate signal paths from one input source and send those two separate chains out to 2 separate amps or mixer channels, and being able to put any effect anywhere in the chain, even if it's considered redundant (i.e. Chorus and Phaser in the same chain)?
          From what I've been told, the AxeFX does that. About 15 years after I wrote it down.

No, "normal" doesn't apply to me

Anyhoo, to answer your previous question: No, there was no need to route for the 5-way.

In fact, has any one else noticed the SoCals have a notch in the sidewall so you can turn the 3-way toggle at an angle so the lever moves towards the neck instead of just up and down like on the Style 1?

I haven't taken my White one apart yet, but the Slimer didn't have that notch - are they doing it on the S1/S2 as well? I prefer the toggle to flip in the direction of the neck since I tilt the guitar at an angle.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I saw that notich too, but i figured that was a cut out to roughly fit a blade style switch. I suppose you can turn the toggle towards the neck as well because of it though. I have mine at a 45 degree angle so you can hit it up to the neck position on your way back up to the strings. I find it to be a much easier motion to make.
            THIS IS MY POST
            Thanks for reading

Comment

If you DO get the jewelers blade, what if you cut at an angle, like if you were doing trim?
              That way, the "lip" of the removable part would overlap with the "other" part of the guard.. making it even less visible?
              Dunno - just a thought

Comment

very cool my friend...
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                X