My Warmoth SoCal pickguard experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics?

I'm curious cause these do beg for customization of the pickguard setup.

I did my CT SoCal with a Warmoth b/w/b gloss and it's amazing.

I'll never understand the choice of the flat unbeveled pickguard, it takes away from the fantastic paint on the limited runs especially. that pickguard screams "throwmeaway"
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
      :ROTF::ROTF: This damned near had me crying with laughter at work.
      Comedic timing is everything man.

Not laughing at YOU Newc. That post was perfect in the comedic sense.
      he's like a mad scientist, already he would be guilty of SoCal abuse in several countries. good thing he's in TN where the laws of man do not reach.

but if it's a SoCal new pickguard combo, I keep looking, I can't turn away...
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Newc, are you putting these guards on a Warmoth body? I think Warmoth states these are for Warmoth bodies only and they are not exactly like a Fender. I've had great success with mounting them on Muskiraft and Warmoth bodies. Now, I've had difficulties with Fender made guards on Musikraft bodies from time to time. I've found Warmoth to very consistant and other companies to be inconsistent on their routing of the bodies.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Actually I got a popup saying they would only work on USA Fender bodies, and not import Fender or other bodies.

I didn't expect them to be a perfect "made for the SoCal" fit, but a little Industry Standardization would be nice.

Pics forthcoming - giving the 5-pickup rig another go. Gotta trim the cavities first, and now that I've got the wiring figured out, I can get that done.

I warn you, it's not a pretty sight

As for the pickguard itself - the glossy WBW does look noce on some of the ones posted - especially on the black SoCal posted in another thread - gives it a Classic look.

However, I don't like the pearloid/MOTO guards - those look like various forms of vomit to me. I much prefer the matte black as it doesn't detract the eye from the finish on the guitar. I don't want anything flashing under stage lights except the paint.

As well, they look even less like Fenders without the glossy/mottled/pearloid 'guards.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd love to see someone cut a brass pickguard for a Socal...
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Newc, for your humbuckers, which warmoth option did you chose? Fat Humbucker, Fat Trembucker, Trembucker or humbucker?
              THIS IS MY POST
              Thanks for reading

Comment

Can't recall offhand. I think TB.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X