Replaced pickguard on my tangerine So Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    It looks better glossy but I personally don't like the look of the white layer of the pickguard on these.
    I agreee ... black Sharpie time
    Dave

Comment

I just discovered that I am unable to load the stock pickguard with emg's.now I like the flat black pickguard so where can I get a replacement just like it but cut for emgs????
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Warmoth has flat black guards...I don't know if they do EMG routes though. I guess I never realized EMGs were that much bigger. Can you just shave some of the pickguard away?

Comment

I think the square corners of the emg wont fit in the rounded corners of the pickguard. Ive seen plenty of pickguards with the squarer cutouts, not sure of the brand though, check ebay.

Comment

There are more options for the Warmoths, it seems that one should fit the EMG's, or be close enough to only need minor tweaking.

Warmoth 'Trembucker' shape and dimension:
            http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/images/trembucker.jpg

Warmoth 'Humbucker' shape and dimension:
            http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/images/humbucker.jpg

EMG 60/81/85 dimensions:
            http://www.emginc.com/content/wiring...%2081%2085.pdf

Comment

When you order from Warmoth don't choose the "fat" humbucker route option if you have a pickup with squared edges like an EMG or other covered pickups. The "fat" route is a bit of a misnomer in my thinking ... it actually rounds the edges so that it is more form fitting around non-covered pickups. The stock Charvel pickguard also has this form fitting attribute.

That said I don't know 100% that the standard humbucker route from Warmoth (non-"fat") would accept an EMG pickup, but my guess is it would.
              Dave

Comment

I actually believe the "fat" option came from the Fender "Fat" Strats. Those are the first pickguards I had ever seen with round humbucker cutouts. So what did they come out - first as the Big Apple Strat in the mid 90's - 95-8 something like that? Prior to that, the cutouts of pickguards were always square. My first Fender, which came with a HSS and a recessed Kahler floyd has a square humbucker cutout - that was a '91 or so.

Anyone with earlier versions of the rounded cutouts please feel free to correct me.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

That is very cool.

Comment

well I am just sending the stock on out or a tracing.when I decide who is going to do it I will post where to get them..
                    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

I love the W/B/W pickguard on mine. Really prefects it for me. I wish however I asked they only drilled for 8 screws, instead of the 11. I got it from pickguardian and it dropped in place perfectly. The one complaint was the bevel around the edges was still a little rough when I got it, which a quick rub with sandpaper fixed. Been playing this guitar a lot since this picture was taken and the fretboard is starting to get a relic look - just adding to the vibe/mojo. Actually looking at the guitar in front of me at this moment the pickguard has become more creme color over time, and the knob is showing some wear on it's black finish, giving it an even more vintage coolness. I got to say I love this guitar!

Last edited by vondran; 05-13-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Wow, both look great! nice work!

Comment

Working...
                        X