Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these stock So Cal pickups? See photo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the So-Cal had a Dimarzio Breed in the bridge...
    tone zone in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      Ah... but does it mean that they came with chrome polepieces because "J"ackson ordered them that way?
      Sounds like it... I didn't think about the pole pieces not being black! That makes sense now. Thanks fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by MusicManJP6 View Post
        This question is for anyone that has removed their pickguard/pickups from their So Cal. I bought a set of pickups that a guy had pulled out of his So Cal and these are what I received:

The Tone Zone is indeed a 155 (DP155 as indicated on Dimarzio's site), but the neck pickup says J58. Dimarzio's site shows an Evo Neck is a DP158. Is this just a goof or is the neck pickup custom wound or something?

Thanks!

LOL,man you get around....are they installed yet???when I looked at them I bugged out a bit too.I put the N on the evolution.it is wet erase so you can clean it off.
        www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Originally posted by magh8 View Post
          LOL,man you get around....are they installed yet???when I looked at them I bugged out a bit too.I put the N on the evolution.it is wet erase so you can clean it off.
          Hey dude! They are getting installed VERY soon. My tech had to order a few parts. He is also doing some other mods while the guitar is apart. If you recall I had you ship the pups to my tech in TN. I won't be back up there for another 3 weekends so he has plenty of time to work on her...

I'm pairing these pups with a DiMarzio Blue Velvet in an HSH config. They are going in this guitar:

I chose the Ibanez EGEN18 switching configuration with a mini switch to switch between the bridge pickup coils (when split). Can't wait! I can't afford a SoCal so I decided to breathe new life into my first guitar that I customized about 5 years ago...

Comment

lucky for me the emgs don't fit the damn pickguard.I am contacting custom places now
            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Originally posted by magh8 View Post
              lucky for me the emgs don't fit the damn pickguard.I am contacting custom places now
              Sorry bro. Keep at it. You'll get it squared away. I wanna see pics and hear clips when you're done!

Comment

Working...
              X