Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
    Thats sweet
    I don't know how you guys do it that order Custom shop guitars... I don't have the patience to wait a year or more to get a guitar, that would drive me up the wall
    Actually it's not such a bad wait. As long as you keep busy with other things and aren't obsessing about it every day. I ordered 2 at once a few years ago and 18 months later, they showed up within a month of each other. One came the week of Thanksgiving and the other came Dec 30th, so I had an early and a late Christmas that year.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

really sweet man, congrats and enjoy the hell out of it.
      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Very cool. Congrats!

Comment

Beautiful guitar...spec'd perfectly for me!

Comment

Just make sure it is well packed and send it to me!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sweet HRF like the matching head and the single very sweet shaaahhhwing!

Comment

Beautiful guitar overall....

But I'll never understand the reason to recess a floyd....just an unnecesarily huge hole and a distraction from an otherwise visually killer guitar.
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post

But I'll never understand the reason to recess a floyd....just an unnecesarily huge hole and a distraction from an otherwise visually killer guitar.
                  its another one of those subjective preference things, i suppose

Comment

When you decide to place function/playability over appearance, then you'll understand. That said, I still think it looks cool as hell so for me it actually accomplishes both.

I'm not trying to "pick" on you but that statement holds absolutely no value from a player's perspective.

FUNCTION over FORM!

Comment

I think there's a big difference in feel between both recessed and non-recessed, and flush mounted. How the floyd is mounted affects neck angle, the position of your hands and string feel (when flush mounted), tremolo feel and functionality.

So, depending on how you like to play, a recessed floyd may just be "better" for you or not. It's all good.

These days, I prefer non-recessed, but I started out on recessed, then got a non-recessed, then blocked all my floyds, then sold an original floyd for $30 because they weren't cool, then got a Kahler again after years and years, then a recessed floyd and now back to top mount with my SD1. And my AS Jackson will be top mount (still can't wait for that sucker).
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                        When you decide to place function/playability over appearance, then you'll understand. That said, I still think it looks cool as hell so for me it actually accomplishes both.

I'm not trying to "pick" on you but that statement holds absolutely no value from a player's perspective.

FUNCTION over FORM!
                        I could say the same about your statement.

There is absolutely NO functional difference between the two.

Most non-recessed floyds have the same, or more, amount of pullback room...which I guess the recess is supposed to provide.

If you are talking about the difference in feel because of the height difference, I fully understand, but that has nothing to do with functionality.

Anyway, I don't mean to pick on you or the guitar. To each their own.
                        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

There is absolutely NO functional difference between the two.
                          I don't think that's true. You typically have to shim the neck in order to float a Floyd high enough to match the same pull back you get in a recessed mount - unless the recess is real shallow, and then what's the point of that?
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Nice one! I like the idea you chose Sperzels even though you have a locking nut. The tuners are awesome and string changes are a breeze.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                            X