No announcement yet.

USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been an import (Model series) fan for years, and with as good as my plain jane Model 1 is, never thought I'd spend the dough necessary for a US Charvel.

Now, with these Production Series Charvels - especially that white strat - well, I see one of these in my future. They seem like killer guitars. Thank you Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
      Amen brother! I love kahlers! I'd put my model 6 with the kahler up against any guitar!
      How about a Kahler appreciation thread????

-------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Well then.... I will have to gracefully bow out

Comment

I don't have one yet, so I can only appreciate from afar, but I want one of the white ones so bad my teeth hurt.
          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
          Jackson SLATQH
          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
          Jackson DKMGT (project)
          Kramer Focus 1000
          Ibanez SDGR Bass
          Ovation Celebrity
          Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
            Well then.... I will have to gracefully bow out
            Me too
            Don

Comment

Get your own thread going about those....things. Preferably in the bottom forums where no one goes
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Definitely an ace axe, but I can't say I'm too fond of the neck pickup choice. The trem is holding up superbly, and I've had mine since July last year when they first came out.

Comment

Best Trem Ever Designed.
                  Would take that over a floyd on any guitar.
                  Wish Charvel would put out 1 model with them.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                    Best Trem Ever Designed.
                    Would take that over a floyd on any guitar.
                    Wish Charvel would put out 1 model with them.
                    And it's just damn sexy, too.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Eeew... Kahler

As a matter of fact, I'm quite intrigued at this point. Maybe they're worth checking out after all.
                      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                        Best Trem Ever Designed.
                        I always loved how the reinforced area of the strings would just saw through the roller cam as you moved the bar and create sharp grooves that would break your strings. Then you got to use emery cloth in them to smooth them out so they wouldn't break strings. Than your strings would saw through them again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Then the tone issue was subjective but I greatly preferred Floyds.

Plus the Floyds felt more like you were connected to the guitar and you could feel the note change as you moved the bar like you were mechanically changing the pitch. The Kahlers always felt disassociated from the guitar when you were using them, like you were electronically changing the pitch. They felt more like the pitch bend wheel on a keyboard than a piece that was connected to the guitar.

Comment

Firstly, your welcome to all the Kahlers in the world, I've got one on my 84 Pointy and wish it was a Floyd!!

Back to the production Charvel's, first is my own San Dimas Style 1 in Slime Green and the others have all come through my shop (well, my Boss' shop anyway!!). I shall eventually, modify my Greenie with Bareknuckles and a genuine German Floyd.

Other Productions...

Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

im loving that white pointy in the middle!

Comment

Thanks for the cool new wallpaper Steve!
                              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                              --floydkramer

Comment

I had a Kahler on a Les Paul copy many eons ago and while it was better for getting slide effects than a Floyd, that was about all it was good for. The Behind-the-nut-locking-nut thing defeated the purpose entirely, and the ball-cup thing meant that deep dives caused your strings to pop out of the cup.

Not to mention it had entirely too many moving/jointed parts.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X