X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
    I bet you get a great brown sound from those Marshalls

Welcome Jmpman!
    Pretty darn close. Especially since I reamp them through a VHT 2502 poweramp and run all my bells and whistles that way too

Comment

Originally posted by Jmpman View Post
      The 3 Marshalls in the background are a 1979 JMP Master Volume, a 1974 Non Master Volume Superlead, and finally a 1976 Non Master Volume Superlead. All of them 100 watters. I have loaded in one of the 4x12's Celestion Pre Rola's and in the other cab, 2 Pre Rolas from 1968 and 2 Weber Greenback Pre Rola clones.
      I have a 79 as well, great amp. I just can't figure out how to get the effects loop and channel switching to work. Just kidding.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

That's the beauty of those amps. Simple and to the point. Don't mean to get off topic discussing amps in this section, but the combination of the Charvels/Marshalls is a very good match.

Comment

The 3 Marshalls in the background are a 1979 JMP Master Volume, a 1974 Non Master Volume Superlead, and finally a 1976 Non Master Volume Superlead. All of them 100 watters. I have loaded in one of the 4x12's Celestion Pre Rola's and in the other cab, 2 Pre Rolas from 1968 and 2 Weber Greenback Pre Rola clones.
          If Dr. Jim Marshall is the father of loud, you are the son of loud Nothing wrong with blasting some USA Charvels through nice Marshalls
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Welcome! I really dig that chrome look on the maple neck. Nice!

Comment

As for the neck comparisons, real close. The production model So Cal is really sweet for a non-custom guitar. I was impressed with the neck and it feels similiar to the Music Zoo. I actually just big blocked the MZ guitar and like the difference alot. I also have Seymour Duncan model '78's in both positions. Nice combination.
              That's interesting. I've been thinking about trying a big block on one of my MZs, along with a possible pickup swap, just for variety. The 78 would be on my short list, along with a Suhr Doug Aldrich.

Comment

I have been happy with the big block upgrade. You just feel the notes resonate better. The '78 pickup gives you exactly what the guitar puts out, which I like alot. I have heard good things about the Doug Aldrich pup too, though probably more gain than what I would want for TMZ guitar. I have the so-cal for the hair band stuff

Comment

I just big blocked 3 of my 4 production models...I have noticed increased sustain as well. The only reason I didn't block the 4th is b/c I put a Ping on it which already has a brass block. Definitely recommend the big block upgrade.

I've been floating my trems, so even though I've noticed a boost in sustain with the brass, it's still not where I'd like it to be. My next venture is to try blocking the trems to see how much extra sustain I can get that way--hoping the contact with the body will get me a good bit closer.

Comment

Working...
                  X