So it's official then....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
    That's prolly true. There's a reason I have no youtube vids posted. Seriously, I just like nice guitars with pretty wood or nice paint. Not that they play or sound any better, they're just more interesting to me. There are Billions of black guitars out there and you see em every day. It's not every day you see a San Dimas with a nice quilt and a birdseye neck. Maybe it's an art thing idk.
    I'm just stirring you, RH. My black Model 1A came with b/w/b pickguard and I eventually replaced it with a flamed maple pickguard. I like black guitars; I like bright green or yellow guitars too. I don't own any pretty figured-top guitars because they've just never really spoken to me.

And then you have all the lower end guitars that crop up now with MOP neck & body binding, or screenprinted graphics, or wafer-thin figured tops, just to convince some people that they're really getting a much better guitar for their money.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I always thought black guitars were kinda badass.

Not that I own that many, but I don't seek them out or shy away from them.

The fingerprint collections are impressive, and a bonus Flatpicker
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

I love deep black guitars, and everything figured, and even fluro tits would be great. Pretty sure around here the line is drawn at the halford, dunno which side its on though

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
          Black guitars say "hey, I'm boring and have no imagination."
          To me, colors and graphics say "I can't impress you with my chops, but look at my super-duper coolio guitar".

Black is as rock n' roll as it gets.
          You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
          You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
          --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
          --horns666 - 12/29/08
          I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
          --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
            To me, colors and graphics say "I can't impress you with my chops, but look at my super-duper coolio guitar".

"Lets cut some heads!"

Comment

I like black, I'm just burnt out on it. So many other brands have a ton of guitars of the same price point or a bit higher where black is the only option, or the only one anyone seems to have in stock. It's just my least favorite of the colors offered. If they only made them in black, I would have still bought one, it has everything guitar-wise I want/need at the right price.

Comment

I like black alot, and hope to pickup a black SD1 at some point. Very Classy!

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                  i only play black guitars... or guitars with graphic or tops as long as the bases are black.
                  i'm with you brotha!! black on black.

Comment

This guitar was so evil looking I just had to buy it, If I remember rightly, it was featured on the Charvel homepage a good few years back.

www.vendetta-theband.com
                    www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                      This guitar was so evil looking I just had to buy it, If I remember rightly, it was featured on the Charvel homepage a good few years back.
                      Yeah - I dig that.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

i love the black and the red and hate all the other colors. ewwwwww.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post

I have its identical twin! I must admit however that I was not particularly looking for a black guitar. Someone traded it in at a local GC and I played it. It played and sounded so damn good that I bought it regardless of color
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Update on picture link

The link I mentioned is now working.

Some great photos of the black SD1 by Richtone music.

Do we have any converts?

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guita...black-644.html

Last edited by alanhindle; 05-15-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

nice pics. they are great guitars, I love mine and gig with it regularly.

black guitars are cool, but with ebony fretboards and painted hdstks, for my taste.

somehow the fact that every one of these very nice new Charvels has the same maple neck kinda takes away from their version of black for me. makes me gravitate toward their ltd ed colors.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I did have a black SoCal when they first came out last year:

I also bought my Candy Tangerine soon after.

I sold the black one to buy a Candy Green when those came out, because I knew that I could always find a black one again at any time since that was the base model color.

I do have several graphic ideas that require a black foundation, but since it's the base model color, they can wait until I get on more stable financial ground.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X