Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Batch - What Do You Think the "Twist" Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pointy headstock would be GREAT!! Loose the fXXXXXX fender headstock and get the better one. Fender headstocks belong on fender guitars. I want a pointy. If they come, I'm gettin' one!!
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Maybe the paint is chameleon colored like the EBMM Petrucci

Comment

reverse headstock

Comment

i'd love for it to be a hardtail though i'm sure that will never happen

Comment

gawd I hate reverse strat headstocks...

Comment

The death of the "knob of death"?

Actually I kinda like them.
              Dave

Comment

I don't mind the knob. I thought it was going to be plastic the first time I saw it, and would have to go, but once I learned it was metal, I was fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Well, Kramer probably inked a deal with Ed just like Jackson did for the EVH models..
                  I SERIOuSLY doubt ED gets anything from that Kramer. Kramer made it. A "1984" is just a model designation.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  However, part of that deal may have been that Jackson/Charvel can't do a one-hum maple-boarded Strathead except as a Custom Shop run for the very reason that most people would turn them into EVH copies and therefore sell them for tons on Ebay, effectively cutting EVH out of the pie.
                  I think THAT is dead-on, and what I posted a couple of months ago. If you want it you have to pay BIG for it. If ED gets a cut of anything that isn't "HIS" it'd be the one hum charvel (therefore requiring a price increase over other So-Cals and hurting the art series) that hurts "keeping the costs down", because with the pickguard in place FMIC doesn't have to change the routs. As Bionic said, they didn't do one hums to keep the cost down.:think:

Some folks may be right. it may be a pointy. When Bionic asked before that was one of the suggestions.

Anyway though. I'm still hoping for the factory tour! Charvel swag here I come! Plus, I can pick out my own from a truckload of them. Much better than shopping at GC!
                  Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                  98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

EVH didn't invent the one pickup guitar, so I don't really understand why there is so much swirl over that. Yeah yeah his was a humbucker, I get that. But...I mean, hello? Fender Esquire? 1950 called, and they want credit where credit is due. Those damn things were slanted even. Does anyone even care about slanted pickups anymore now that we have F-spaced models to choose from?!?
                    Last edited by Axewielder; 03-14-2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I thought Mike said earlier that in the poll they took on the Charvel website that the 2 hum layout was picked by a sizeable margin over the single hum. The single hum was a choice in the poll too so I doubt there is anything legal with them not being allowed to do a single hum. They merely picked the most popular features from their poll to do this "guitar for the people".

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                        A pointy headstock would be GREAT!! Loose the fXXXXXX fender headstock and get the better one. Fender headstocks belong on fender guitars. I want a pointy. If they come, I'm gettin' one!!
                        Yeah, I don't want Charvel to have an identity, I want them to look like Jacksons but with a different logo. An' I want sharkfins an' ebony boards an' rosewood boards an' all that other cool stuff that Jacksons have, 'cept with a Charvel logo, cuz I want it to look like the old 80s import Charvels.

Puh-fukn-leeze, dude, get a damn Jackson and be happy with it.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Maybe its a Tone knob - you know, so you can twist it... ???
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

i'm going to "guess" it's chrome hardware, creme rings and zebra pickups on one of them.

-Mike
                            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I just read all the replies.I like reading them.I like to add and just my $.02.

Keep in mind,it's about cutting cost's and/or rasing the price.Less is more.So with this in mind,I doubt they will offer R/W boards.More material,more labor to produce,more steps.

I thought about Chrome Hdwr,but keeping tradition will be Blk,besides Chrome may cost more,not sure what they pay in bulk.

As far as pointy,I really doubt it. We all know that the pointies didn't sell well and they know this.Now that's a 3 piece neck,once again more material/labor/steps costs more.They will be sticking w/ the 1 piece maple necks-simple to produce 1000's all the same.

I like the 1 Hum idea, I know it's been brought up in here,we all had/have 1 Hum and love them. You would reduce costs,1 less PU to buy,1 less switch to buy,less labor,less time to CNC too.

Last but not least:White Base color. It's been discussed and white looks great w/Blk Hdwr.I'm sure it costs same,maybe less to than "Candy Colors". White w/Blk PG is a superb combo (JE Lee)

The knob has been a love/hate thing.Maybe they will change that? Like another member said about the "TwisT"

I can't see them making matching headstocks for these,that's a CS option.

Let's keep this going,what a great thread. C'Mon guys what else? Cheers Pat
                              Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

A lefty model could be a 'twist,' but I don't think that will be it, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X