No announcement yet.

What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pics. I'm lovin it and will have to keep my eye out for a slimer body now.

Comment

Thats cool!

Comment

All finished!

Its got a custom in the bridge (Thanks, Newc!) and a JB in the neck. The custom is a fairly loud but articulate pickup, I like it. The JB on the other hand is very bassy kinda muddy. I like the fact that I can get 2 entirely different sounds with the flick of a switch with this setup. The bridge is just a cheaper LFR but it will do for now, it was brand new. Now, on to the next project!

Comment

Damn that turned out well. Thank you for sharing the idea and the end result. I think I saw a slimer on that auction site for a little more than 2 bills and really want to pull the trigger now that I've seen the end result. Unfortunately, I have to cool it since I have three current projects that I can't seem to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
            Damn that turned out well. Thank you for sharing the idea and the end result. I think I saw a slimer on that auction site for a little more than 2 bills and really want to pull the trigger now that I've seen the end result. Unfortunately, I have to cool it since I have three current projects that I can't seem to get to.
            Yeah, hes got another slime green body up at the moment. It was a tad bit on the expensive side for me, Im a cheap ass. But considering that I had most of the stuff ready to go already it was worth it for me to drop 2.5 bills on the custom color body. Aside from the pickup that I got from Newc I only had to spend about $50 for all the proper switches and knobs and stuff. I got them from the same guy but luckily avoided the high prices that some of the other auctions went for. And I did get the proper cts solid brass shaft pot so that was cool. Im thinking that a vinyl decal of the ghostbusters slimer guy would look cool on it but I dunno. Maybe on the back.

Comment

That did come out nice. Congrats.
              My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

That looks great
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  Yeah, hes got another slime green body up at the moment. It was a tad bit on the expensive side for me, Im a cheap ass. But considering that I had most of the stuff ready to go already it was worth it for me to drop 2.5 bills on the custom color body. Aside from the pickup that I got from Newc I only had to spend about $50 for all the proper switches and knobs and stuff. I got them from the same guy but luckily avoided the high prices that some of the other auctions went for. And I did get the proper cts solid brass shaft pot so that was cool. Im thinking that a vinyl decal of the ghostbusters slimer guy would look cool on it but I dunno. Maybe on the back.
                  I'm a cheap ass too, but you've got me drooling for the f'n thing now. Thanks a lot by the way. If I got the body, I probably got enough parts laying around to finish it but I'd want to get the "correct" hardware too. It starts to add up buying them individually but I noticed that the parted out prod model pieces are starting to come down in price. Those dudes buying those neck plates for $200 have finally run out of money I guess. I'm sure you'll get some colorful responses from the group if you throw a sticker on there and post the pics. I can go either way for stickers if it is done well. It's reversable so go for it.

Comment

Hmm, just did a quick search and found this, among others.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slimer-Style2-Gh...09129004r26993

This might get interesting.......

oh man. This would be perfect sewn onto the gigbag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-GHOSTBUST...3A1|240%3A1318
                    Last edited by Carbuff; 03-23-2009, 06:39 PM.

Comment

that came out looking great! Nicely done

After I showed the guys in the band JS-0002 (the green beastie above), my co-guitarist bought me a cheap Ghostbusters Slimer tshirt to go with it. I haven't been game to wear it on stage though - too much green, with the shirt and the guitar
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Nicely done...iIm not a fan of rosewood, but the darker fretboard does make the slime look better.

I got a candy purple SD2 body from that guy for less than 180...been thinking of adding another, but I've spent WAY too much money the past few months!

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                          Nicely done...iIm not a fan of rosewood, but the darker fretboard does make the slime look better.

I got a candy purple SD2 body from that guy for less than 180...been thinking of adding another, but I've spent WAY too much money the past few months!
                          Yeah, some of the other colors he runs a regular auction for. I think he only sells the green ones on bin. I know he wants less for the black ones. Ive overspent a bit lately too. Nothing too hairy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                            Hmm, just did a quick search and found this, among others.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slimer-Style2-Gh...09129004r26993

This might get interesting.......

oh man. This would be perfect sewn onto the gigbag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-GHOSTBUST...3A1|240%3A1318

Whoah, I'm liking the idea. I was imagining a little 5 to 8" job but that one's pretty sizable "It measures 14.5 inches wide by 13.5 inches tall." Did you pick it up?

Comment

No, I didnt. I didnt even realize it was that big. Looks cool though. If I could find one smaller. I have to look around a bit still.

Comment

Working...
                              X