No announcement yet.

I'm a new Pagen Gold So-Cal owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats cool color and love the black hardware and maple neck combination!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

The color really does it for me! I really liked it on the first run of teles but it just takes on a whole new aura on the So-Cal. I also have to say I'm not minding the knob like I thought I would. I figured that'd be the first thing I'd change but it's really a well made, good fitting knob! I took it off to remove the plastic from the pickguard and it went right back on with ease and when I tightened the screw it didn't tilt and go off kilter like most knobs with a set screw!

I'm wanting to get a white pickguard with 3 single coils and put quick connects on the wires going to and from the jack on both pickguards. That way if I want to play blusey or country stuff all I have to do is change the pickguard! Then I can keep the black one all original.

I spent many ,many years just hoping to be able to play a San Dimas and now I own two!!!!! Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's a very VERY cool axe.
        In fact, those are three VERY cool fiddles.
        We are happy that YOU are happy.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

sweet, i'm eying the gold tele myself ala mick mars
          jackson pc-1 chameleon
          charvel model 4
          prs ce-24 emerald green
          ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
          jackson rr ps 3t
          ibanez rg 770 lazer red
          engl thunder 50
          ibanez rg 565
          mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

That looks great! nice grab!

Comment

I have a hard time putting my SoCal down. It really hits the sweat spot of plays great, sounds great, and looks good. At the cost it really is a good workhorse, where I'm not worried about being cautious with it. So overall it's getting a lot of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                I have a hard time putting my SoCal down. It really hits the sweat spot of plays great, sounds great, and looks good. At the cost it really is a good workhorse, where I'm not worried about being cautious with it. So overall it's getting a lot of playing time.
                My thoughts exactly! They are great workhorse guitars that you don't have to worry about. I'm playing it more than any of my other guitars right now and I'm loving the tone!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                  Guys I have to say I'm eating my words on these. When they first came out with the USA production series I just wasn't that impressed but I'm eating my words now! My local dealer got in a Pagen Gold So-Cal that I've been eyeing for a few weeks and it just tore me up everytime I walked in and saw it! I sold a few things and said that I was gonna just put the money back and hold on to it but I was weak! HA HA! I absolutely LOVE this guitar! It's the epitomy of a "workhorse" guitar and will probably be one of my main players. I love the straty type tones it gets as well as the meaty ones. I'd at first thought to change the layout and put some single coils in it but I've since changed my mind the more I play it. I probably will put a different pickguard on it with a 5-way blade switch though. Here's a pic and a link to some more at the bottom! YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...ection%20pics/
                  Oh, I'd love to have theCharvel on the left...
                  '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                  '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                  '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                  '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                  '13 Gibson M-III
                  Taylor 214CE
                  Dean 6-string Bass
                  Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                    Oh, I'd love to have theCharvel on the left...
                    Well here's you some more pics of it to drool over

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...harvel%20pics/

Comment

Working...
                    X