No announcement yet.

What corners were cut on the production models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another buyer who didn't do his homework.
    -Rick

Comment

• The problem is that is IS a Floyd Rose. Its just made somewhere different. Its not a licensed Floyd. Its not magnetic. He points out "inferior" aspects, like the string lock bolts, but what's inferior about them?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

• Can't say as that I have any complaints with the Korean Floyd so far... I haven't even changed the arm assembly yet, still tight as a nun's nasty
        If the dude would have done a quick search, besides Youtube, he would have know the Floyd was Korean... It's been discussed all over the net.
        Don

Comment

• Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Another buyer who didn't do his homework.
          That was my initial reaction as well. And honestly, in this day and age people ought to know that not all of the components of anything that says "made in usa" on it are guaranteed to come from USA. Cars are the common example and just about anything with electronics in it.

I also noticed that nowhere does Charvel ever call this an "Original Floyd Rose" in their ads and spec sheets. Subtle ... and a lot of people wouldn't pick up on that ... but I don't think Charvel ever tried to mislead people into thinking that this Floyd Rose was an OFR.

The saddles are even different with the beveled back edge to make it easy to tell them apart at a quick glance.
          Dave

Comment

• Also with a lot of ESP guitars coming now with the "Floyd Rose Special" which is something even different than what is on the Charvels but still has the familiar stamped Floyd Rose logo ... there are going to be a lot more confused people out there.
            Dave

Comment

• That video is kind of retarded. He complains that Charvel is misrepresenting the guitars as all "Made in USA", but are using a Korean Floyd. He then bitches about it not being a German Floyd. Since when is Germany in the good ol' US of A?

Don't like it? Send it back! ..Oh, what's that? You think it's a cool guitar, and will keep it anyways. Asphinctersayswhat? :think:

Comment

• Also - what's with all the references to Ed Roman - I've never heard anyone say "Ed Roman" that many times without cursing.

Also - clear this up for me... how much (retail) is a German Floyd? Warmoth has Floyds for about 180 and ebay folks have "German" Floyds for 260... which ones are Warmoth selling?
                Last edited by Grandturk; 05-02-2009, 09:49 AM.
                Blank yo!

Comment

• Eh, the guy in the Youtube vid didn't do his homework. Charvel never states (on their website) that the guitars come with an "Original" Floyd Rose hence it's not the real deal. Please understand that I'm not passing judgement on the quality of the bridge itself. It's also not a licensed FR either. Even then, real/original Floyds are made in Germany.

Just because a manufacturer states the guitar is "Made in the USA" doesn't mean every single part is.

IMHO, the guy in the video has buyer's remorse and he didn't return the guitar because either he could not or he wants to try to squeeze FMIC for an OFR for free.

Comment

• Charvel may not state that it's an original Floyd, but they certainly don't do anything to make it clear that it's not...quite the contrary. It's all Marketing 101...creating perception, and they've done a good job of that.

These are what they are. Do your homework before buying and make an informed decision. If you like them, great, if not, move along to something else.

Comment

• But it is a "Floyd Rose." It is a tremolo that is produced by the Floyd Rose company, or whoever owns them, and has the right to sell it as a Floyd Rose. There's no deception there - but it is like Chevy Selling a Camaro and a Corvette without putting the model name on it - "You can have the $80,000 Chevy or the $30,000 Chevy - which one you want?"
                      Blank yo!

Comment

• He talks about 'traditional' a lot in that video... Wouldn't that be a brass V-trem, or a Kahler, before it would be a Floyd?

Definitely sounds way more upset than necessary, IMO.

Comment

• Oh, and a follow-up video, much more composed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHlsO...e=channel_page

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            But it is a "Floyd Rose." It is a tremolo that is produced by the Floyd Rose company, or whoever owns them, and has the right to sell it as a Floyd Rose.
                            As I said, it is a "Floyd Rose" but it is not an "Original Floyd Rose" because it's not made of the same materials or to the same spec.

Comment

• Dude is just not going to give it up on the Floyd Wonder if he has even played the guitar for more than 5 minutes before passing off Judgment??

He talks about seeing lot's of Pro Mods on ebay... I watch ebay everyday, and yeah I see a few here and there that aren't from the Stores, but I wonder if he ever thought, maybe people are selling them so they can buy the newest color :think: The economy sucks right now, people are out of work and need money more than they need the guitar :think:

I actually hope he does buy a German Floyd (if he's buying from Ed, he may get what he thinks is a German Floyd, but it could be worse than what he has already )... I'd like to hear the end result... But I'm sure I already know his answer
                              Don

Comment

• Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
                                The economy sucks right now, people are out of work and need money more than they need the guitar :think:
                                Definitely. I've seen people put up spam for guitars (custom shop orders and other 'respected' high-end pieces) before they even take possession of them.

And, I think some people expect something else from the Charvels; a super thin 'shred' neck. It's definitely a little meatier than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X