• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Note to self: Fuck those guys.
    My feelings exactly
    Don

Comment

Update,
      Well the Purple Tele is going to it's original buyer, and the Slime Green is on it's way to me Hope it arrives safe and sound, and with no issues... I just want this to be over with... I'm to the point, if I see nothing else from BAM, I really don't care anymore...
      Don

Comment

Yeah, Big Apple Music sucks. Spread the word.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Their brick and mortar shop in New Hartford, NY was my local music store when I went to school out in Utica. I went down there a handful of times over the 4 years I was there (they were only 15 minutes away from my apartment), and every single time I was treated like shit and they acted like pompous assholes. So I guess I'm not surprised. You were lucky if they'd even let you plug into a cheap Crate combo to try something out. That sucks guys.... I wouldn't touch them with a 20 ft pole. I wish I saw this earlier....

Comment

I had a little battle with Josh again this morning...
            I had talked with Ed Treat, and he informed me there where no special deals, and that the guitar should have shipped with all the goods.
            So I forwarded this onto Josh, and he returned with this

Hello,
            I understand where you are coming from. There are a couple factors here...It was NOT listed that it included those items. And in the description, it shows what it did included as far as the strap locks and what not. Not all Charvels come with them...and you need to remember that they are on there 6 or 7th run since introducing the line again back in the summer of 08. I may be able to get my hands on a gig bag. A rep from Charvel is not going to tell someone who doesnt identify a vendor number to them what deals they give. These deals are confidential. Whether it is a NAMM show deal, a deal to get rid of old stock or whatever...they will not disclose the info to a non vendor or dealer. New Old Stock (NOS) is a phrase given from presicely the deals the this Charvel guy denied. If you look at musicians friend or any other web store you will see this from time to time. These are items given on a "special deal" You have been amicable in this situation that I made a mistake on. So..i am going to go to bat for you and track down what I can from my dealer rep. I wil keep you posted...as i will place that call today.
            Thanks again
            Josh

So my reply,
            Hi Josh,
            I do understand,
            But this is only the third run of colors, and this is the latest batch that you where selling. It seems strange that Charvel would be discounting, or offering a Special buy on a current model. I would understand it more if this would have been the first run Candy Tangerine So Cal, Pagan Gold Style 2, or the Candy Red Style 1, as I have seen a few of those marked down in price.
            I have spoken with more than one Charvel rep. I'm sure they won't go into details with me, as I'm not a dealer. Just a customer that has an issue.
            As far as these being a Namm show deal, I don't even see how that could be possible... Namm wasn't over for more than a few days when I bought the guitar, 1/23/09 unless you packaged the guitars and brought them back with you, but the shipping label on the box stated otherwise... I really don't understand what the point is in trying to jack a customer around over 50 bucks worth of stuff that should have came with the guitar in the first place! I'm done! Don't bother calling your rep, or finding anything for me! I will go purchase a case. I do hope the guitar arrives in Satisfactory condition. Or this may not be over yet....

Fkn tools don't even know what run of colors they where selling... I'm so sick of dealing with this... I can see they think that all customers must be ignorant... They pissed of the wrong guy this time... I'm to the point, that when the guitar does show up, I may not accept it, and file a dispute. Good deal or not. I'd rather pay my money to a dealer that cares about customer service, and has a good reputation than a tool that has no clue about the product they are
            selling, and try to treat the customer like a dumb ass that has no clue...
            Don

Comment

I'll say it again... I highly suspect these guys are not authorized Charvel dealers. They aren't listed on the Charvel website.

I suspect these guitars "fell off the back of a truck". Note: By that, I don't mean I think they're stolen guitars. I just suspect this is one of those "aftermarket" deals between dealers and/or intermediaries. i.e., One dealer who does carry the line agrees to sell "excess stock" that he doesn't think he can handle in his own shop. Usually this is a very small shop, and they unload it to a different dealer that he has an arrangement with outside of his area and/or an intermediary, who shops it around to their other dealer buddies.

Oftentimes, the "extras" get "lost" in these kinds of deals, usually from one of the parties involved cheesely trying to eek out a few nickles & dimes for themselves when unloading the stock. (They keep the parts for themselves, and sell them.) That's also why you don't have the hangtag. If I'm right, you don't have the factory warranty.

If you got a very good price, maybe no harm / no foul without the accessories & warranty. If you paid close to or at "new" price, you got shafted.

Good luck.

Comment

I noticed they are not on the list of Authorized dealers as well... I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this wasn't a deal between Dealers. I have seen this done before, and have gotten a guitar this way many years ago. The only thing that baffles me though, is the Tele arrived in the factory Charvel box (for the Slime Green Style 1) so I wouldn't think the extras were lost along the way (between dealers). But very well could have been. It doesn't make sense that Big Apple would be giving me the run around if they had the stuff :think: Really the only thing they could have sold would have been the gig bag... I don't see much money in that :think:
                I did get a good price on the guitar, basically less than what a lot of the used Pro Mods have been selling for lately. I really don't care about the accessories. Even with going out and buying a new hard case, I would still end up money ahead.
                I guess what pisses me off, is being treated like a dumb ass, and being misled in the Auction. Like I told Big Apple, they really should have specified that the auction was for the guitar, and only the guitar...
                If I would have known this upfront, I still would have hit the BIN. I'm a bargain hunter, like anyone else... I just wouldn't have been pissed off when the guitar arrived, and that was all I had... I'll see what they do, and go from there.
                Don

Comment

Well, three weeks after hitting the BIN, it finally arrived...

Don't know what is going to happen next... I haven't spoken to Josh in a few days, so don't know what he intends to do next. The last I heard from him, he was trying to get in touch with his rep to see what he could find... I told him I don't care about the strap locks or any of the other case candy. It'd be nice to have, but all I want is a case or bag to haul the guitar around in. That is what I told him, if I see it, I'll really be surprised.
                  I am glad that I do have the guitar I bought
                  I also hope that Charvel will use the Candy Purple again, as I really did like the color a lot

PS, Newc, I got your box, so you must have got the box for the Purple Tele
                  Don

Comment

Actually, I got the box for a Road Worn 60's Strat

And I must make a correction - I did get the hang tag (it's tied to the tuner - durrr on me).

However, I checked the box 3 times, and still no gigbag, bar, goodie bag, or the other half of my Straplocks. But at least I found the hang tag

On the issue of "dealer to dealer" deals, aren't these the times when a guitar is stamped with a 2, so that warranty claims cannot be filed since they're tied to the original store? Or was that merely Guitar Center's bs?

I can see keeping the gigbag to make a few extra bucks on it, and maybe the bar for the same reason, but just what in the hell are you gonna do with only HALF the straplocks? I've got the receptacles, so what good is it to keep the actual strap clamps?

Like DB said - had they been up-front and stated plainly that the savings is due to leaving out the other stuff, it wouldn't bother me. Hell, I didn't even notice till this thread popped up. Seriously. Even though I took the guitar wrapped in bubblewrap out of the box, and had already received 2 in their bags with full accessories, it simply didn't dawn on me that I was missing the stuff. Durr on me #2.

However, to go back and say "oh, that stuff doesn't come with all models" - when you'd think if that were true the only ones that DID come with it were the limited-colors - is just underhanded.

They're still on my "You Suck" list. Hell, Ibanez pissed me off once. ONCE. I haven't bought another Ibanez product since then. They're still on my "You Suck" list as well, so once you're on it, you're on it.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I agree with ya Newc... I'll never buy from BAM again...And sure wouldn't recommend anyone else to buy from them.
                      Don

Comment

Damn, Newc! - You have certainly been put through a hell with BAM!!! - If you need to bring the lawyers, let me know. I still don't see why "Josh" can't just throw in the rest of the goods? - At least as a sorry for all the shit. Anyway, I wish you the best.
                        Ratt & Roll

Comment

Shit, I guess I'm a victim, too. I didn't get gig bags for either of my Charvels. They came with G&G cases instead. Damn!
                          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Update...
                            Well the big brown truck arrived today with a box of goods from BAM...
                            After 4 weeks, my saga is finally completed....
                            One Charvel Gig Bag, and case candy... Even ended up with a spare Floyd arm out of the deal.
                            Glad this over with
                            Don

Comment

Working...
                            X