• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elysianfield View Post
    i thought that looked like an electric heater :think:
    It is an electric heater
    Don

Comment

Mine was used, so no bar and no straplocks and no bag.

Maybe they bought them from that guy that's parting out Charvels down to the nut locks?

The guitar was wrapped in bubblewrap and stuck in a box to flop around, too.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Mine was used, so no bar and no straplocks and no bag.

Maybe they bought them from that guy that's parting out Charvels down to the nut locks?

The guitar was wrapped in bubblewrap and stuck in a box to flop around, too.
        I'm kinda starting to wonder if they aren't parts guitars
        The Tele arrived the same way, wrapped in Bubble wrap, I guess I should feel lucky, at least I did get the arm for the Floyd
        I didn't notice the So Cal being listed as used though :think: Huh...
        Don

Comment

I don't see a "Big Apple Guitars" listed on the Charvel website as an authorized dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
            I'm kinda starting to wonder if they aren't parts guitars
            The Tele arrived the same way, wrapped in Bubble wrap, I guess I should feel lucky, at least I did get the arm for the Floyd
            I didn't notice the So Cal being listed as used though :think: Huh...
            Hmmm. Just checked again and you're right - they listed it as brand new, so I shoulda got the gig bag and the bag o' loot with it.

Hmmm. To email or not to email? That is the question.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Emailed.

Hi, sorry to be a bother after-the-fact, but it appears there is a problem with my recent purchase. According to the manufacturer's specs, this guitar was supposed to have come with a padded Charvel-logoed gigbag and a small plastic bag containing a bar for the tremolo, a set of straplocks, an allen wrench holder and 2 allen wrenches, and an owner's manual with warranty card. Given that I own 3 of these guitars already, which were bought new from other dealers, I know these guitars ship from the factory with these items all in one bundle - guitar in the gigbag, and the plastic bag in the pouch of the gigbag.
              See Charvelguitars.com for verification of the manufacturer's specs.
              Please send along the missing items as quickly as possible.
              Thanks.
              Hopefully they won't put up a fight. If they are indeed an authorized dealer, I'm quite sure they got the goodies with the guitar.

Comment

Good deal Newc. I hope they will give up the goods to you. I never heard anything back from them today after I sent the copies of the emails that Ed Treat sent me :think: I was little occupied today, but I'll be back on them again in the am
                Judging by the looks of there store, and what they sell on ebay, they don't look like guitar sales is there main business, more home audio, so makes me wonder how "Authorized" they are to be selling the Charvels in the first place :think: Not on Charvels list :think: Interesting More than likely someone unboxed the guitars, removed them from the Gig bags, and the bags were misplaced somewhere, or nobody bothered to look for them before they shipped the guitars... But I'll bet if they find them, they'll also find the case candy as well
                Good luck in the battle Newc
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  I don't see a "Big Apple Guitars" listed on the Charvel website as an authorized dealer?

That doesn't matter. Napa Music is an authorized custom shop Charvel dealer and they aren't listed either...been asking them for several months, but they haven't listed us yet!

Shibs
                  Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
                    Good deal Newc. I hope they will give up the goods to you. I never heard anything back from them today after I sent the copies of the emails that Ed Treat sent me :think: I was little occupied today, but I'll be back on them again in the am
                    Judging by the looks of there store, and what they sell on ebay, they don't look like guitar sales is there main business, more home audio, so makes me wonder how "Authorized" they are to be selling the Charvels in the first place :think: Not on Charvels list :think: Interesting More than likely someone unboxed the guitars, removed them from the Gig bags, and the bags were misplaced somewhere, or nobody bothered to look for them before they shipped the guitars... But I'll bet if they find them, they'll also find the case candy as well
                    Good luck in the battle Newc

Thanks Good luck to you as well.

Anyone check Fender's Dealer List? They may be operating under the premise that being a Parent-Company dealer makes them an "all-brands-under" dealer.

They may also be operating under the premise that the accessories are optional, especially if that's normal Fender policy for certain models, like the Mexi-models.

Then again, I've seen a few Jackson dealers on Ebay who were trying to sell new USA Jacksons without the hardshell case, claiming it was available separately for an additional charge. All USA Jacksons include the matching hardshell case when bought new. All authorized Jackson dealers are aware of this.

Comment

that purple is really growing on me. if that had a Tele headstock, damn.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
                        That doesn't matter. Napa Music is an authorized custom shop Charvel dealer and they aren't listed either...been asking them for several months, but they haven't listed us yet!

Shibs
                        :think: Uhh, yes you are. Look down the list of authorized custom shop dealers on the left hand side of this page of the Charvel website:

http://www.charvelguitars.com/shop.html

There's a seperate list of dealers for USA Production Models on the right side of the page here:

http://www.charvelguitars.com/dealers.html

You may be confusing these two.

Comment

Well, got a reply:

I have the bar...i forgot to pack it in one guitar, but didnt know which one. But, as far as the other items, we bought these on a dealer special, so the other stuff wasnt included. THat is why it wasnt listed with the other items. the strap locks are only included with certain models and come pre installed. But i will get the bar out today

Josh
                          Can someone from J/C please contact these guys and set them straight? I dunno where they're getting their info from, but it's whack. Even if the gigbag and straplocks were "only included on certain models", you'd think it'd be the Limited Colors

Comment

Newc, you talked to the same guy I did, and he gave you the same line of shit he did me... What a crock huh?? I still haven't heard back from Josh :think:
                            Must be ignoring me :think:
                            I do believe someone from Charvel does need to set BAM straight
                            Don

Comment

For the record mine had the bag the goodies and straplocks.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So did my Black SoCal, my Candy Tangerine, my Candy Green, and the Slime Green I got from Nick.

I guess some dealers think it's ok to make things up as they go along - they get the stuff included for one price from the factory/distributor but then sell the same included accessories separately? What about my fucking warranty card?? I gotta pay extra for that?

Note to self: Fuck those guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X