Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Production series hardware - floyd rose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
    Thanks gibson, I too noticed this when i played one. for $3000 you should get a real OFR
    Pfft. Next you'll want real Mother of Pearl.

Comment

I remember a few years ago there was a problem with Schaller. Production came to a halt and you couldn't get any Schaller parts for at least 6 months, and this interfered with guitar makers that were using the german made OFR's on guitars. It could be that Floyd Rose is using the Korean plant to provide OFR's to guitar manufacturters to keep up with the demand for OEM use. I don't think Schaller could keep up with the demand once Floyd lowered his prices to put the licensed Floyd manufacturers out of business.

Comment

Well first off, I better get the real deal if I am paying a Custom Shop price. I own 2 Charvels that have the made Korea Floyds & they have been very solid. If you want them to sounds better than an OFR put a few add ons & its fixed. I put a bell brass block on mine with OFR saddles & the thing sounds better in my opinion, sustains longer than any of my higher dollar guitars & is a cheap add on.

Comment

Working...
        X