NGD - Pagan Gold SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Dr.
    Both are very cool, but the gold takes it.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Great looking pair Newc !!

Comment

you'd think charvel could have gone to the friggen trouble of cutting a pickguard that didn't leave an inch of space between the bridge and the pickguard.

Comment

Nice guitar Newc!
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Foulacy View Post
            you'd think charvel could have gone to the friggen trouble of cutting a pickguard that didn't leave an inch of space between the bridge and the pickguard.

Personal preference there. I look at it from a contrast standpoint: that sliver of space breaks up the black just enough so that you don't have a "black hole" effect in the middle of the guitar.

Then again, it isn't as noticeable on the black model, so you bsaically end up with a lump of coal on a stick.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              One thing to consider with pickguard swapping is Contrast: a lighter pickguard may or may not make the Gold appear lighter, or more vivid. It may be "too white", and actually make it look darker.

Agreed, the white guard really works well with the CT. Don't know if it would be as good on the gold.

Comment

Could be the outdoor setting and/or light direction, but to me the white guard in that pic takes away from the Candy/Metallic finish, reducing it to a flatter Orange.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Man, the tang/gold next to each other looks sweet as!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Could be the outdoor setting and/or light direction, but to me the white guard in that pic takes away from the Candy/Metallic finish, reducing it to a flatter Orange.
                    The lights behind that guitar. Below is a better picture. To me the stock black pickguard made the guitar too dark. I find the white actually makes the orange and candy pop out more. Regarding the Gold SoCal, I think it would look best with a gloss black pickguard.

Comment

What kind of route do these have under the pickguard? I've been thinking of getting one and putting 3 single coils in it because I was under the impression that they had the bathtub style route but the new Guitar World that reviews them says the pickguard is purely asthetic.

Also does a standard Fender pickguard line up as far as the holes go or did you cut this one yourself?

Fabulous looking guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                        What kind of route do these have under the pickguard? I've been thinking of getting one and putting 3 single coils in it because I was under the impression that they had the bathtub style route but the new Guitar World that reviews them says the pickguard is purely asthetic.

Also does a standard Fender pickguard line up as far as the holes go or did you cut this one yourself?

Fabulous looking guitar!
                        It has a H-S-H route with top-route control cavity. It seems the standard fender 11-hole mounting holes line up well. But it requires a floyd trem cutout.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post

Fabulous looking guitar!
                          I saw that in GW... it's nor accurate, the route is what we refer to as "universal"... which allow's for 1h, 2h, hss, hsh.

Thanks..
                          Mike

Comment

Leave it to GW to get the details right.

This kind of thing seems to be a recurring theme with gear reviews in guitar mags.

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                              I saw that in GW... it's nor accurate, the route is what we refer to as "universal"... which allow's for 1h, 2h, hss, hsh.
                              Yeah - i read the review yesterday in BW and laughed my ass over how inaccurate a lot of it was. The one thing it was right on the money about was that these are kick ass guitars.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post

Thanks..
                                Mike

But you can't do H-H-H, so it's not universal

Guess I'll hafta route out the middle - assuming I can find a pickguard with a hum in the bridge and a set of P-bass pickups in the middle

Comment

Working...
                                X