Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Custom Arrives - Is it 1986 All Over Again? (Sort Of...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
    When was this supposed to have been built?? Not recently...
    Apparently, it's even a mystery to the Charvel guys? j/k!

Here you go, Mike. I custom ordered this guitar early last year, and...

Comment

Gorgeous guitar. I'm also very fond of the hum/SC pickup setup.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyK View Post
        I'm not sure why that guitar wouldn't have a Jackson neck w/ shark inlays? Everything about it screams Jackson - body shape, recessed Floyd, etc. Strange. If it was on eBay, I bet we would be calling it a fake or parts guitar!
        Not really, no. The San Dimas series of Charvels from the 90's looks quite like this other than the headstock.

See:
        http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=57&pos=1

Oh, and that thing is purdy. The purple is very nice looking.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Sweet guitar! Just curious if you prefer the look of the pickup ring around the bridge P/U or do you think it would have looked cool direct mounted too? I usually prefer direct mounted, and I've heard that it can help with sustain but I'm not sure I'm convinced of that. I'm curious what everyone thinks?

Comment

I'm convinced that direct-mounting pickups has little - if any - impact on tone. IMHO, it's totally just an appearance thing. And as to appearance, that's all just personal preferences. Me? Meh, it's OK. But I prefer the look of standard ring-mounting.

Comment

Nice Jackson.

Comment

dude, we're gonna need a family pic sometime.

your customs are amazing. all of your guys' customs here are so good!

Comment

Both are very awesome in every way.
                  Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                  Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

:ROTF:Who is KG? he did my inspection card too and missed the box as well!!! lol
                    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                      When was this supposed to have been built?? Not recently...

Ed Roman fake

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Haha ok, well if you ever cross paths with one, you will find it very familiar...right down to the 5-way switch coil tapping scheme. Spike? Where are you? He can back me up on this. Congrats again!
                        Yep, tis true.
                        You would dig a predator, very similar!

That's real pretty!!!
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Wow, That's a beauty! Looks really close to my San Dimas. Even some of the specs are there.. You have great taste..
                          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

So I'm guessing this mystery isn't getting resolved. Let's just chalk it up as an "oopsie", then.

I'm not bothered by it at all, anyway - was just curious. :think:

Comment

Another beauty, Pat! Great taste as always.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                                So I'm guessing this mystery isn't getting resolved. Let's just chalk it up as an "oopsie", then.

I'm not bothered by it at all, anyway - was just curious. :think:

Actually, I have researched it. The wrong Neck Plate was made. PM me and I'll help you resolve it...if you want too.

Comment

Working...
                                X