Three generations of USA Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three generations of USA Charvels

Just took a little group picture of my current Charvels. This picture is way down number-wise from my heyday of collecting Charvels from 1984-1997, but I really dig all four of these guitars and the money from my original (and semi-famous in the Charvel world) sell off of early Charvels is sitting in the garage and makes me not miss the guitars too much.

Anyway, here is what I have now.

1980 pre-production strat head mahogany with maple 21 fret neck with brass side dots and rosewood fret markers. I bought it at a pawn shop in 1986 for $275. I watched this guitar hang on the wall in that pawn shop for almost a year at $350 before I finally said "what the heck?" and offered $275. At that time, in LA, nobody wanted strat heads. It was all about the pointys.

1984 Candy Purple pointy. Old faithful. The start of my Charvel addiction. I bought it new in 1984 at Guitar Center Chicago for $864 counting tax and case. Added Floyd and neck single coil sometime over the years. Dave Anderson from Eric Steel helped me pick out the best one on the wall at GC that day. He was friends with my guitar teacher and kind of took me under his wing for the months I drooled over the Charvels while delivering pizzas and saving every penny for my big day. Every gig I ever did in Chicago or LA was done with this guitar and every recording too. This guitar sounds sick!

The other two are new ones. Pre 1st batch USA production models with serial numbers in the 8000's instead of the 6 digit numbers the 1st batch released models have.

Last edited by Chubtone; 10-09-2008, 12:37 AM.

Dave Anderson from Eric Steel. #04 in the famous Charvel ad and great mentor on finding the right Charvel.

Comment

Nice set!

Comment

Cool!!!
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Very cool.
          I like the Zebras on the Cali.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
            Very cool.
            I like the Zebras on the Cali.
            I second that - the zebras look great with that color.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

i like the Sweet V!!!

Comment

Hey, i'll double your investment, and give you $550.00 for that pre!!
                (now that's funny.. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  Hey, i'll double your investment, and give you $550.00 for that pre!!
                  (now that's funny.. :ROTF:
                  Wow, that's a pretty good offer. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you. :ROTF:

Comment

how did you get a so cal in candy apple red? or is that the tang?

Comment

It's tangerine. It has all chrome hardware on it now.

Comment

very cool....I am digging the zebra pku changes!
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Yep...those look great. I did something similar...although I went for a zebra Duncan AlnicoII in the neck & a double creme Duncan EVH trembucker in the bridge.

Comment

Thats probably one of the coolest pictures on here man! You should add that to the gallery for sure!
                            Nice collection!
                            Notice that throughout the years not much has changed, which goes back to the old saying:
                            "If it aint broke, don't fix it!!!"

Thanks for sharing that photo!
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven
                            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

thats style 2 looks friggin sweet with the creeme goodies
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X