Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think G.A.S. might have made a return!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think G.A.S. might have made a return!!

I just got a look at that candy blue new series charvel with the maple maple board and strathead! I waited over six months back in 2006 for a single hum(didn't like it) candy blue with a pointyhead which I later sold. The candy blue is truly gorgeous in person. Pics don't do it justice. These new one's are also a LOT less $$$ than what I paid for mine at the time(LOL, figures). Once I get situated, I'm going to grab a candy blue one.

This is what I get for coming back here hehe.

I've never seen the candy blue in person, but it sounds cool. What pickup layout are you going to get? Single volume knob? Selector switch? Floyd Rose?

Comment

that is my old single hum pointy. candy blue.

i think the one i'm after will be h-h, single knob black hardware and floyd.

Comment

Cool. Post a pic when you get it.

Comment

hey..

I got one Candy Blue SD1 unspoken for....

if you want it..
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Yeah, the new candy blue on the USA Production series looks a lot better than the other candy blue done on the USA Standard (pointyhead), pictured above.

Comment

it's mighty tempting!!!!

Comment

Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Thought I'd update you on my situation.....a few things arose which took my guitar $...but I am going to pull the trigger on one when I get the $ situation worked out(a few extra weeks of work!).

Comment

I've been completely out of the loop on these newest Charvels. Can someone give me the scoop on them? The price seems too good to be true for a USA made quality guitar. Are there corners cut somewhere no obvious or are they really that good of deal? Real Floyd, real Duncans, quality woods, etc.?

Sorry but at retail below $1k it's just got me all confused about what I'm looking at....my '84 retailed at close to 2x that when it was new almost 25 years ago....

Comment

Originally posted by rstites View Post
                      I've been completely out of the loop on these newest Charvels. Can someone give me the scoop on them?
                      Plenty of information here at this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82908
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
                        Plenty of information here at this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82908
                        Thanks. I actually read the whole thing from beginning to end! Those prices are incredible, though I need another super strat like I a need a hole in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by rstites View Post
                          though I need another super strat like I a need a hole in the head.
                          You can never have enough! I bought a Candy Tangerine So Cal a few months back - still lovin' it.
                          Dave

Comment

You can never have enough! I bought a Candy Tangerine So Cal a few months back - still lovin' it.
                            The problem is that I only own superstrats! Actually, I'd be figuring out a way to finance one of these immediately if they offered anything with a hardtail. I own mostly floyded guitars, but rarely use it so have been trying to get some with hardtails. I only own one real Charvel and one real Jackson (both San Dimas) and the rest are parts mutts of various sorts to get that same feel. If the new Charvels had been around a few a years back, I could have skipped the parts'o'casters and just modified the Charvels to what I want. (The killer is that these new Charvels are actually comparable in price to something like a Warmoth, but without the assembly "fun").

Comment

guitars are like girls u need to try as many out as possible to find the one for u

Comment

Working...
                              X