San Dimas Style 1 S/N 1849 in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Style 1 S/N 1849 in the UK

Serial number 001849 it arrived this morning at 9:01, took a quick picture of it before I take it to bits and give it a good clean. Actually, I might leave it and use it for tonight's and tomorrow's gigs even though I feel like I'm going to snap the 9's it came strung up with. Beautiful paint (my camera is shite) and immediate impression on the FR is that it is a bit cheap looking/feeling, so I might end up buying another. The volume knob is going too, looks like the wheels on the bulldozer at the local tip (also not shiny enough).

I'm definately going to buy another 2 of these once they are released in the UK.

Nice. Where are you playing, so we can come and coo and ahh at it?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

At a couple of local dives here in sunny (actually is today) Stoke. You live in Macc don't you? We played the Nags Head there a couple of months ago...

Comment

I occasionally pop down to the Nags as they usually have rock bands on over the weekend, that and the Swan with 2 necks. PM me next time you're playing up here and I'll buy you a pint.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Will do, I think we're playing there again sometime in August, I'll have to check with the singer. BTW, we're a shitty covers band, playing shitty covers with no trace of irony whatsoever...you've been warned...

Comment

So, are you going to reveal how much you paid for it...?

The import taxes must have been pretty hefty??
            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

£500 guitar + £50 shipping + £132 import/vat/customs duty...£682 in total, expensive but that's because I couldn't wait until they were released here, so my own fault. Worth every penny though.

Comment

I calculated it as 550 + 21.2% (17.5 VAT, 3.7 duty). UPS handling charge 15 quid? or has import duty increased?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

They'll more than likely be more than that when they finally make it over here...

But it looks really nice.

Comment

OK a few more pictures before I take it to bits with a bread knife and a spoon...

Comment

Looks good

... and there ain't no reason to be ashamed of playing "shitty covers" !
                      You're definitely not alone in that boat !
                      uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Hmmm, just a thought: take the trem to a metal shop and have them grind down the logo, then restamp it "Froyd Rose"
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's by far my favourite of the new Charvels, looks ace. You must be one of the first to get one in the UK.
                          Why so serious?

Comment

I might be the first, I ordered it on the release day (15th July). I'm probably the first because I am the biggest mug too; paying well over the odds on import duties.

I don't care, I don't care, I don't care...

Comment

It may well turn out that you're a very clever bloke, I can see them going for more than that in the shops once they come over here.
                              Why so serious?

Comment

Working...
                              X