So I guess the BIG QUESTION is:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I guess the BIG QUESTION is:

Who's going to be the first to test the waters on EBay by parting one out?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

The question is regarding those pro mod Charvels? Shit when those Korean trems hit the Bay as parts, it's going to get ugly. If you want a German OFR, buy it NOW

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      The question is regarding those pro mod Charvels? Shit when those Korean trems hit the Bay as parts, it's going to get ugly. If you want a German OFR, buy it NOW
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

So I guess the German ones say "made in Germany" on the bottom, while the Korean ones say nothing (based on those photos kindly posted by XXSIVE). Also, the Korean saddles appear to be rounded off on the top near the bolts while the German ones are more squarish.

Comment

Yeah, will definitely be insisting on underside photos for Ebay Floyd purchases from now on...

Comment

Jhale, just so you know, the German ones are supposed to be easier to come by now that the Korean ones are being used for OEM for most brands that are using Real Floyds (schecter, ESP/LTD, BCRich, Jackson/Charvel, ect)
            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Also, the Korean saddles appear to be rounded off on the top near the bolts while the German ones are more squarish.
              I'm pretty sure they have done rounded and squarish saddles on German OFRs through the years, too.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah that's just part of the finishing process. Stamp-formed steel parts have sharp edges and must pass through a finishing process that removes the sharp edges. This is usually done with ceramic media in a large vibratory unit or some other soft stone.

Because of that, you will end up with inconsistent edging. You can't mass produce parts that small and have them all go through one machine that smoothes each edge with micron precision.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

All I can really say, looking at this Korean Floyd...the saddle radius is better than I've seen on a Floyd in years. The fine tuners don't have that weird "blip" in the middle of the travel like the german ones do nowdays. The only funky thing I've noticed on these OEMs, the bar tends to come lose after a bit of aggresive usage. Maybe it'll settle after awhile, we'll see. But overall, it seems really good & works great!

Comment

Agreed about the bar coming loose, but you can pick up genuine OFR replacement bars and mounts from StewMac.

Comment

i took several pics of the real 80s floyd next to the korean one and they are very easy to spot in several areas. the size of the floyd text larger/longer on the korean, no made in germany on the bottom, the block material is different, it even looks cheaper, the saddle shape is different, they angle down in the back where a real floyd is flat across the top the whole way, the coarseness of the knurling on the bar is greater on the korean than the real one etc etc. i mention most of it in my long post. even the studs are different. they are very easy to spot.

as for the loose bar that was driving me nuts so i tried a spare bar i had off a real OFR and that seemed the fix the problem. i didn't even need to replace the threaded insert in the trem itself, just the bar is the problem that causes it to come loose not the bar and insert.

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I think the bigger question is who will mount studs on theirs first.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          ... in a large vibratory unit ...
                          Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          Heh. Sexy guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            Now that you mention it......

Comment

Working...
                            X