Got my So-Cal today - VID inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my So-Cal today - VID inside

Love Love Love it. Made this Vid so you guys can can see it.

1st impressions:WOW!!! Awesome. . really nice.

First of all the neck is fantastic,now I know what you guys were raving about,the "rolled edges", smoothhhhhhhh.The neck is smooth and feels super quality.The Profile is awesome.

I did not think the paint would be this shiny/glossy and it's smooth too
    The paint color they choose really pops,even inside. I'll have some nice outside direct sun photo's soon.(hot/humid today 93)

The guitar feels excellent,the rear contour fits perfect and very well balanced I might add. Not too heavy/not to light:just right.

The guitar needed no "set-up" at all. Mine was still in the box when he brought it out, took it out and tuned it for me.Handed it to me.I went and sat down and 1st thing I noticed: loud,guitar has some resonance(made me smile)
    The action was actually lower than some of mine current Jacksons & Charvel,There is no fret buzz either.The neck felt fantastic and very much impressed me.These hands know quality.

The Floyd has plenty pull back,the springs and tightness/overall feel= 10,I will not have to touch it at all.

The frets are shiny and ends are smooth and round.After I go thru these strings Ill polish the frets to a mirror shine. That's just me,I love to clean & shine.

I'm really liking the Blk theme,The Blk tuners and Blk Charvel and Blk dots look great on the new milky white maple neck along w/the Blk PG (This is my 1st Strathead Charvie) Chrome and Gold on my 2 Strats.

It sounds killer,BIG. . LOUD when I plugged it into my Vox. I have a Tone Zone in my Jackson w/Basswood.But this has a better/ more lively sound in the Alder.The neck Pup is new to me,never played one.Well it matches the TZ really nice.Same volume and really nice mid range too.Lots of sustain in this Model,tested a big Open "G" and it rang rang rang.

Last but not least, I dig the new Volume knob.Has a completely new feel/touch to it.Nothing like you experienced before.By know means smooth like the close diamond pattern on the orignal ones, this thing grips like a MF'r and love it. The volume knob itself is tight from being brand spakin new,when the breaks in. . the knob will turn faster.I think this has alot to do w/the complaints about this knob.I do not feel a need to change it and this time.

Over all Very impressed they did a great job and very thankful to finally have a Strathead in my arsenal.The Candy Tangerine sparks excitement even before you pick it up and feel that killer neck.. .well you guys know.

See it here (new Dokken backtrack) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyJIwOzMopA
    Last edited by ADR; 07-19-2008, 09:14 AM. Reason: Typo's
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

GOD! you guys got me friggin going insane waiting on mine

i see you were wearing your your charvel shirt while filming? LOL!
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Yes I was,I did that on purpose.Show the gloss of the paint job.
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
        i see you were wearing your your charvel shirt while filming? LOL!
        I noticed that too Cool guitar, enjoy!

Comment

Very cool of you to post this. Congrats on a fine collection and a great addition to it.

Comment

My SoCal/Tangerine will be here Monday as was promised by the dealer. However the Knuckleheads at FedEx managed to fly it from Indiana to Ontario Ca. in a day. It arrived at Ontario Inter Airport yesterday at 5:33pm. When I saw this last night I thought cool I will have it for the weekend. The FedEx facility at the airport is about 40 minutes from my house, so I arrange to have someone at home to sign for it's pending arrival today. I check the tracking at 7:00am PST and see it is not yet on a truck. I check again at 10:00am and see this: Package not scheduled for delivery? What the fuck! Because of work I could not pick it up today so now I wait knowing it is 40 minutes away.

Comment

11 days to go from Corona across the country and then back? Fender shipped them on the 10th. Pretty frustrating huh?

Comment

Awesome video. I think I may get your style (w/ pickguard) in one of the next colors

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                  11 days to go from Corona across the country and then back? Fender shipped them on the 10th. Pretty frustrating huh?
                  well, he had to try and find one of the candy Ts.....
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
                    well, he had to try and find one of the candy Ts.....
                    Worth the wait on that guitar then.

Comment

hell yeah it is brotha! how many you got left?
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Very nice. When I saw your last comment, I thought you were going to be jamming over a Dokken backing track! BTW, I love the new Dokken cd.
                        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

What is that to the right of the Charvel logo on the neck plate?
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Can you make a video sort of turning the guitar on it's end strap-pin, filming the neck as you twirl it? Easier to show than tell: A bit like this vid:

http://www.speedyshare.com/853801375.html

Because doing that, you can really see the neck profile and neck shape in action.
                            http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Drool! Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X