Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which would YOU buy, Legacy or 25th anniv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would YOU buy, Legacy or 25th anniv?

I have decided to sell the diezel V4 and go back to marshall(yeah i know i am crazy but marshall just has it for me and BILL Z got me into wanting to try a jmp1 rig)
    now that i have made up my mind about this i can afford one of these two
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CHARVEL-SAN-...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-SAN-DIMA...QQcmdZViewItem

instead of a buying second USA production SD in black i thought i would like to
    get one of these.
    So i need to ask any of the pre 82 dimas strat owners here which of these "captures" the day's of yor ?
    the legacy?
    the only thing i dont care for is the pups in these two(will have to swap for a duncan distortion or a tone zone)
    I dont care for the JB or the 78, too trebly for me!
    Last edited by savage; 07-18-2008, 11:59 AM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

I would buy a used 25th for around 1300-1500 and then send the rest of the money to hippietim
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
      I would buy a used 25th for around 1300-1500 and then send the rest of the money to hippietim
      I tell ya what, YOU FIND me one for that cheap and maybe I will!
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

of the two IMO the grover for sure. it's floyded which is a bonus and a bit of a relic so no fear of damaging it like that pretty (yeah i called it pretty to get my point across LOL) 25th. if you're worried about "trebly" i played a few 25ths when they were new and they are some of the brighter charvels out there (on average, not all of them) due to the maple cap and the steel saddles. not crazy bright but certainly more than the reissue bullseyes that were out at the same time for example which are all alder and all brass. the neck on the grover is thicker than the 25th and if you're looking for a thinner neck odds are you'd like the neck on the 25th more. sooooo either way you're not getting 100% what you want but the grover is IMO the better choice for a player...not that the 25th is some cherished collectors item it's just not a down and dirty gigging guitar in my eyes like the pre-beat on grover is.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
          of the two IMO the grover for sure. it's floyded which is a bonus and a bit of a relic so no fear of damaging it like that pretty (yeah i called it pretty to get my point across LOL) 25th. if you're worried about "trebly" i played a few 25ths when they were new and they are some of the brighter charvels out there (on average, not all of them) due to the maple cap and the steel saddles. not crazy bright but certainly more than the reissue bullseyes that were out at the same time for example which are all alder and all brass. the neck on the grover is thicker than the 25th and if you're looking for a thinner neck odds are you'd like the neck on the 25th more. sooooo either way you're not getting 100% what you want but the grover is IMO the better choice for a player...not that the 25th is some cherished collectors item it's just not a down and dirty gigging guitar in my eyes like the pre-beat on grover is.

-Mike
          yeah i thought about those issues too but as far as gigging the SD usa prod i ordered will be for that and i have a older DK1 also plus i am restoring/modding a cheap DXMG i got recently so i have my gigging guitars
          I am kind of looking at this puchase in a two fold manner
          1,i want it to play great and feel like a old original
          2, value from a collecting/reselling point of view
          do you feel me?

Comment

damn this thing seems like it is calling me!

Comment

Working...
            X