FIRST ONES HERE! Charvel SoCal pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRST ONES HERE! Charvel SoCal pics!

Well after Matts announcement, I didnt think Id be able to get one. But I found a local dealer who said they would be in today... and well, they were! So I just ran over and got it... I busted my ass to be able to get this guitar!

The guitar needs to be setup BAD, but overall it feels good. Im not used to an unfinished neck so itll take some getting used to. The neck as thicker than I thought it would be, Ill have exact measurments a bit later on when I tear her down.

Enough talking, on to the pics! FRESH out of the box!!

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

These include a Charvel branded soft case, and case candy includes a set of straplocks, allen wrenches and holder (not installed) warranty card and travel tag.

More pics coming after I remove the plastics, change the strings, polish the frets and a full setup.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Nice! How is the trem. quality?

EJ

Comment

Looks awesome so far, Rob! Thanks for posting the pics! Looking forward to all the details...

Comment

Trem seems just as good as any other OFR Ive ever had. If you didnt know what to look for, you would never know the difference!

The rear trem cover in metal. Be very careful removing it, as its probably stuck to the black insulation paint in the cavity, and will take some off with it. They probably didnt let it set long enough before putting the rear covers on. The fret work is eh ok, they really do need to be polished bad. The volume knob is HORRIBLE, it feels like a chalkboard! That will be getting changed out asap. They have a CTS pot as well.

I also got to see the rest of the series, the SD 2H in black looks GREAT too, I might have to get one of those someday as well. The gold tele looks ok, not a fan of the tele shape personally.
          Last edited by RobRR; 07-15-2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Drool
            Dave

Comment

Congratz! Nice guitar.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Very cool man, how is the TZ in that guitar?
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

RobRR: Congrats,Sa-Weet I called and mine is in,picking up on Friday.All I can say is WOW!!!! It looks great,the color is awesome.
                  Thanx for posting.Have you plugged it in yet? What do you think?
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Very sweet.
                    So... they took some shortcuts on setup, but they did this for around a grand.
                    Nice.
                    Really diggin' the color.
                    Congrats!
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Congrats Rob!!! Looks great!
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                        So... they took some shortcuts on setup, but they did this for around a grand.
                        For a minute, I thought this was describing a Gibson. The "around a grand" killed that! Seriously, pretty guitar, but I'd sure like to see manufacturers take the time to do a better than average setup on their guitars. When an instrument arrives at the dealer, it should require minor tweaking, not a major freaking overhaul.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Amen to that.
                          It's funny that we consider a grand "not a lot of money" isn't it?
                          GRRRR
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

Very very nice....

Comment

Very nice Rob. And a quartersawn neck too. Looking forward to your review.
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X