IDing Charvel EVH Art Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDing Charvel EVH Art Series

Does anyone here have any information about the years of production of the Charvel EVH Art Series, and if so, do the serial numbers follow any logical pattern?? - Thanks.

I was all over these when they 1st starting coming out, so I'll pass on what I know/think I know.

They started to pop up in late 04 and production stopped in 07 I believe.

The 1st ones out were all 04xx serial #'s, the lowest I saw was a 0404. I used to own 0455(red/blk/white) and a yellow/black that was like 0480 or so.

They pretty much just went consecutive after the 04xx. Here is gets a little muddy. Charvel claim they started at 0001 and just went up from there, but I have never seen or heard of anyone getting a number lower than 04. So I just don't believe that at all.

Many of us thought that in the beginning these were gonna be low production pieces of about 100 a year.This was further enforced by the fact that after 2005 we started seeing 05xx guitars show up, but then a few months later we realized that they were just cranking these out as soon there was 06xx,07xx,08xx etc...

I stopped paying attention a few years ago, but I have seen pieces around the 18xx serial #. I don't know where they stopped.

So if they stopped around 2000. I would say there are around 1600 EVH guitars.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

The serial number on mine is 2094 - It's red/black/white, and the hang tag has an inspection date of 03/21/2006 - Maybe mine is one of the last ones.

Comment

I believe they stopped production in July of '07. I'm sure the production trickled down to a small volume towards the end but - based on the hagtag date - your's isn't likely to be anywhere near the end of the run.

Wow, Vince, 1600? Do you really think there were that many? Certainly it's a figure in the several hundreds or above. I just have serious doubts that the serial #s were all sequential, despite what they said before.

I suspect there might've been some weird code scheme to the serialization, like "batch" and "guitar" number instead. Or maybe "month", etc. Something to that effect. Kind of like how Gibby does their guitars, if you know what I mean. I could be totally wrong, but I just have a hard time grasping the concept that the custom shop could pump out that kind of volume, especially for something with a reasonably complicated set of 3 graphics. ...Then again, WTF do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          I believe they stopped production in July of '07. I'm sure the production trickled down to a small volume towards the end but - based on the hagtag date - your's isn't likely to be anywhere near the end of the run.

Wow, Vince, 1600? Do you really think there were that many? Certainly it's a figure in the several hundreds or above. I just have serious doubts that the serial #s were all sequential, despite what they said before.

I suspect there might've been some weird code scheme to the serialization, like "batch" and "guitar" number instead. Or maybe "month", etc. Something to that effect. Kind of like how Gibby does their guitars, if you know what I mean. I could be totally wrong, but I just have a hard time grasping the concept that the custom shop could pump out that kind of volume, especially for something with a reasonably complicated set of 3 graphics. ...Then again, WTF do I know?
          You may be right, I know in the beginning they seemed to be going in sequence Who knows. I would bet it's safe to say there are a few hundred of each color combo at least.

I had a dealer friend of mine ask them, and in a email they sent him, that he forwarded to me, they stated they started at #1 and went in order from there. So who really does knows, since it seems like they don't either.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

O.K. I,ll chime in on what I heard about the Charvel EVH Art Series run.

There was 1,500 made in each striped pattern. Late '04 to Mid '07 (three year run)

Charvel made 500 (each pattern) a year for three years.

1,500 (made each pattern) X 3 (years) = 4,500 A/S guitars made.

The plate numbers started at 400 for us buyers in the market.

Number 1 through 400 where/are for Ed's personally striped guitars that he play's/sell's on E-bay.............

Iv'e been asking this question of years on here (even when the Jackson people themselve's use to post/answer question's, and never got one from him/them So, take this for what it's worth.................(still less than the EVH EBMM's made)
            Last edited by 777; 02-26-2008, 06:32 PM.
            "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Not sure if this helps but my B/Y has a hang tag dated 5/30/05 and serial number is 09XX.

Comment

My Brother in law has #2147 (Bumblebee) ...#1780.. (red/black) And #2207 (black and
                white,pickguard)

Comment

I have 443, notice the difference in color and all the extra stripes.

Comment

Working...
                  X