Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all, kinda new here. got some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all, kinda new here. got some questions...

First off I'm a huge fan of Jackson and especially Charvel guitars. I'm saving for a Charvel customshop but in the mean time I'm thinking about blowing some bucks at Musikraft.com for a simple neck and body to build myself a beater for the time being. Has anyone had any good or bad expriences with building your own almost Charvel guitar?, just thought i'd ask. Cheers!

Originally posted by antonzedd View Post
    First off I'm a huge fan of Jackson and especially Charvel guitars. I'm saving for a Charvel customshop but in the mean time I'm thinking about blowing some bucks at Musikraft.com for a simple neck and body to build myself a beater for the time being. Has anyone had any good or bad expriences with building your own almost Charvel guitar?, just thought i'd ask. Cheers!
    If you do a search you will find quite a few threads concerning this subject. The Musikraft products are top notch. I've built 11 guitars using their parts. They do have some QC/inspection issues with following the correct order form prior to shipping, but all in all the necks and bodies are very good quality.

Also, if your interested one of out own sponsors Mojo Bodies makes some excellent bodies in various popular shapes with great accuracy.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Welcome to the board.Just a thought. Why pay retail for a Muskrat? There are lot of 20+ year old Jacksons and Charvels out their that are just waiting to be redone? I'm a great fan of old wood. Why not buy an old beater and turn into "Your" player. You don't know me, but I don't do "New".:ROTF:
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        There are lot of 20+ year old Jacksons and Charvels out their that are just waiting to be redone?
        Good point. Restore an older one. Depending on what you plan to purchase, you might be going through the whole painting/sealing process anyway.

Good luck!

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I agree, get an older Charvel or build a real parts guitar from old parts like this one

in this pick, from the left...the 1st, 3rd, 5th 6th,

Parts rule

Here are 3 great ones... 2 are parts and one is prepro original

It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

jesus kev! that's a great stash o' parts!

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
              If you do a search you will find quite a few threads concerning this subject. The Musikraft products are top notch. I've built 11 guitars using their parts. They do have some QC/inspection issues with following the correct order form prior to shipping, but all in all the necks and bodies are very good quality.

Also, if your interested one of out own sponsors Mojo Bodies makes some excellent bodies in various popular shapes with great accuracy.
              I agree Mojo (http://www.mojobodies.com/) makes some really cool stuff and they are great to deal with. Highly recomended.

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas View Post
                I agree, get an older Charvel or build a real parts guitar from old parts like this one

in this pick, from the left...the 1st, 3rd, 5th 6th,

Parts rule

Here are 3 great ones... 2 are parts and one is prepro original

I agree with sully. These are some great guitars and a great stack of parts.

Comment

Thanks
                  parts building is fun and its an old Charvel when your done

Comment

I agree building is fun and you end up with a unique guitar.
                    Now all that aside Kev how much for the Jackson strat head neck huh? huh?
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i have to agree but, for the price of a C/J strathead neck you can buy a replica body & a neck. i got tommys old spider web muskraft & i have to say its a killer. pointy headstock necks are a nice option if your on a budget. ive got a couple of project with dimas era jackson necks. 1 dinky, 1 mojo body telly.

Comment

That is if you can find a real J/C s-head neck.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

parts can be cheap. I got most of them for reasonable prices. Some I paid heavy for... But its era parts. That works for me

Comment

Working...
                          X