Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Charvel is here, the Charvel is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Charvel is here, the Charvel is here!

I got it home at 5 last night, spent twenty minutes trying to figure out how to open the case, had to go to class, got home three hours later, figured it out. And here she is.

I have a couple problems with it at this point... the trem isn't locked, the strings are too thin, and its tuned too high

The backside of the guitar is just as sexy as the front

Trem blocked, restrung with Elixir 10-49s, and tuned to D standard

Riffing follows

Didn't get to play it last night as much as I wanted, but it sounds fantastic. The neck pickup gets spanky but can be smooth with the proper pick attack. The bridge is tight and articulate and the sound is huge - which I would imagine the product of a mahogany body tag teamed with the Custom 5. The neck feels perfect, the profile is thin, but it is a beautiful C contour so it is not stupid uncomfortable like an Ibanez. It plays incredibly fast.
    Best 6 string I've ever owned, and in fact, probably the best guitar I have ever owned. The Musicman John Petrucci 7 played just as nicely, but the tone sucked balls because of a basswood body and it was pretty ugly.

It was an impulse buy I regret not one bit.

Very cool guitar...I've contemplated getting one of these myself with that same pickup configuration. I just can't believe that you actually went to class after getting this in!!! It took waaay less for me to justify blowing off classes back in my day

Comment

I wasn't going to go, but I had to hand in a paper, write a quiz, and hit on the hot girl who sits next to me. I also had already skipped a class earlier this week when my endorsee (not me) Ibanez came in

Comment

Looks like a great score. I love the natural series that TMZ has done.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

great score but why buy a tremmed guitar just to block the trem?

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
            great score but why buy a tremmed guitar just to block the trem?
            I was thinking the same thing, but I was more concerned with the fact it took him 20 minutes to open the case.:ROTF:

I would assume the guitar is probably 90% what he wanted and could deal with the Floyd. Plus using that tremelno makes it easy to change the tuning of the guitar without having to reset it up.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
              Very cool guitar...I've contemplated getting one of these myself with that same pickup configuration. I just can't believe that you actually went to class after getting this in!!! It took waaay less for me to justify blowing off classes back in my day
              +1, Guitar > Class any day

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                I was thinking the same thing, but I was more concerned with the fact it took him 20 minutes to open the case.:ROTF:

I would assume the guitar is probably 90% what he wanted and could deal with the Floyd. Plus using that tremelno makes it easy to change the tuning of the guitar without having to reset it up.
                What can I say, I've never owned a G&G case before. They've all be those cheapy plastic ones import guitars come with, with just latches... none of this weird side popping lock shit
                You are totally right about the trem. The guitar was what I wanted in every other way, and now with the blocked trem, it has fantastic tuning stability, and a snappier sound. Its also just a matter of loosening the thumb screws if I want to use the trem again anyway.

Comment

Ooo, incredibly nice Charvel. I like the simplicity, but there's really no need for the tremol-no, is there? Use that thang! Heh heh.

Comment

very cool.

Comment

Nice job! Now, unlock those set screws and whammy away! I can tell you are much younger than I, because the G & G and (Fender) cases open up like the old suit cases. It was a snap when I got my first case in 1965
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Nice axe, and nice choice of D-standard! that's quickly becomeing my favourite tuning!
                        Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                          Nice job! Now, unlock those set screws and whammy away! I can tell you are much younger than I, because the G & G and (Fender) cases open up like the old suit cases. It was a snap when I got my first case in 1965
                          I'm only 21 for some reason, I feel younger than the average Charvel buyer ahahah.. Whammy action just doesn't appeal to me unfortunately, the tuning stability does, but the sounds, not so much... I'm always changing tunings as well so the lock helps for that too.

I've also already ordered a new bridge pup for it. I love the neck pickup, it sounds just how I was hoping it would. The bridge pup though is alright but I am looking for a bit more output, so I've ordered a Bareknuckle Nailbomb

Comment

my KV2T came with that case and I sat there for 10 minutes trying to open it until my mom came over and made me look pretty stupid
                            Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                              I'm only 21 for some reason, I feel younger than the average Charvel buyer ahahah.. Whammy action just doesn't appeal to me unfortunately, the tuning stability does, but the sounds, not so much... I'm always changing tunings as well so the lock helps for that too.
                              thats bizarre. u tune and retune regularly so u pick the most time consuming and fiddly bridge set up ??....

Comment

Working...
                              X