No announcement yet.

I've Been Waiting for This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still say they are not accurate. They need to drill and route it for a vintage trem. Then hack out the extra room for the floyd and leave the vintage trem holes unfilled. To me it would then be properly reliced and period correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
      I still say they are not accurate. They need to drill and route it for a vintage trem. Then hack out the extra room for the floyd and leave the vintage trem holes unfilled. To me it would then be properly reliced and period correct.
      and technically a hole in the headstock where the string retainer would have been...

I have a '69 Fender relic with the added floyd (from the factory) and what they did was start to drill the 6 holes for the vintage trem to give the appearance of them being there under the floyd, but they didn't drill all the way thru.

I have 4 relics, 2 Fenders, 1 Charvel, and 1 Gibson VOS (which is as close to relic as Gibson gets without going to Tom Murphy). I like'em.

Comment

Nice idea, worng execution. And someone take the belt sander away from them already.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i'd like to offer my relicing services. Send me your guitars. After two months I will ship them back to you reliced. My sons are 9 and 12, they'll have a blast with your guitars. All that I ask is you pay for shipping both ways.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The relics should smell like stale cigarettes and cheap beer. The chips should resemble dings from knocking it over while drunk and there should be visible impressions on the flat surfaces of the body made from the edges of credit cards to gived the look of, "Fuck, our dressing room was the back toilet, so I had to chop up the lines on my axe". The case should also come with vintage looking pawn shop claim tags as the certificate of authenticity.

Comment

Working...
            X