Need Help finding brass tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help finding brass tremolo

Can someone tell me where i can find a brass tremolo like on the old charvel stars.

Welcome, I saw a few on ebay yesterday.

Marc

Comment

Also, you can call Mike Charvel. He has them. www.wayneguitars.com
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

the ones Mike sells are wider spacing than original charvel ones

Comment

Depends on the era, some real old ones are wide also. What is your project? Do you need the narrow spacing?
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

i'm in the process of building a jackson rr replica pinstripe v.Just wondering where i could get a brass tremolo like he had on his.

Comment

PM me and let me know the E to E spacing you want...I might have a spare NOS.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                the ones Mike sells are wider spacing than original charvel ones
                The one's I've gotten from Michael are narrow spaced 2.0 to 2-1/16". (Depends on how you measure it. You can move the saddles somewhat)Original vintage "Fender" spacing is 2-3/16". From what I have read Charvel's ranged from 2" - 2-1/4" spacing depending on the model, year and what parts suppliers were making at the time.

I would get the spacing you are most used to. (Vintage Strat 2-3/16") (More modern Strat, 2-1/16") are the most common.

I would say that Randy played Les Pauls, which are 2-1/8" off the top of my head, I would opt for a 2-1/16" since it's the most available spacing in a all brass bridge.

Last edited by Bengal65; 01-03-2008, 09:20 PM.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                X