Charvel Natural series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Natural series

OK who has one of these? I am talking about the natural series from TMZ. What is the neck shape like? Tone and weight of the mahogany? What do you say?

Look down the page a bit more!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I have a Swamp Ash. The neck is a shallow "C" shape at .750" thickness at the first fret and .850" at the 12th. It just screams!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have a mahogany from the first run and it's a great guitar. It's not notably heavy either...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
          Look down the page a bit more!
          yep saw that. It has been almost 2 months - wanting more input and wondering if anything had changed. Thought I would start a new thread.

Comment

I also have one of the first 10, awesome guitar. Light weight, great tone.

Comment

I have one of the first 10 as well but with a Norton. I tried a TZ but the low end was too much with the mahogany. Mine is typical mahogany, lots of low and mids, not much treble. It works for me very well but someone who likes a razor metal tone may not like it but some pickup experimentation should solve it. You can see why so many mahogany bodies have a maple top! Personally I really like mahogany alone, it really vibrates! When I hit the strings hard during a chord it will shake my trem springs! Kind of a cool effect.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I wonder if a JB instead of the Custom 5 would add that treble edge as well.

Comment

Working...
                X