Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killer color, killer guitar!

Comment

Last time I saw a vintage guitar with that kind of forearm wear, it was on a 58 Les Paul that had been played to death. So.... I think you'll look like a dick to anyone who knows their stuff - just like anyone else playing a relic to tell you the truth.

Other than that, I bet it plays and sounds great! Congratulations!

Comment

Flame Away; is that how they got the relic look? LOL

Congrats, Ralph. I don't really dig the whole relic look, especially when it's got a clear coat over the worn-away areas. I like the relic look on a mojo'd guitar that's been played to death and done naturally, but that one is a nice color. Let us know how it is when you get it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I too am not a big fan of relics but I like this guitar and would have no trouble owning one for a reasonable price (I think the pricing on these is ludicrous for what they are). I have no issue whatsoever with the recessed trem and actually prefer them from a functionality standpoint. I like to be able to pull up and I like the bridge closer to the body as it is on a regular Strat...a recess accomplishes both of these things. Most of the people who flame recesses seem to be more interested in form than function...as a player I find that concept silly but to each their own.

Congrats on a cool addition to your lineup.

Comment

Its a damn shame to take this HRF Eldred.. with its stunning graphic..
            add $2200 to the price..(music Zoo) and chew it all up! Why that
            makes any sense is beyond me...

Last edited by Robert Burns; 12-08-2007, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Ralph - congrats on the new guitar. Snap some good close-ups after you get it so we can see what a relic-ized Charvel looks like up close 'n' personal.

If nothing else, it's a very cool color.
              Last edited by fuel0707; 12-17-2007, 05:02 PM.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Relic rules.
                I don't care for the look of beat up or worn wear but the feel of broken in is amazing especially on the neck.

Comment

Working...
                X