Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think 1983 San Dimas Strat is worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fretburner View Post
    That first red guitar that kevin posted doesn't look at all like a charvel body either. The horns look very thin (Ibanez-ish) to me. I would bet that is not a Charvel neck. Maybe a Warmoth that was logo'd.

Yeah I noticed that when i posted it. I'm not sure what the deal was on that one but it was in our gallery
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
      thats has been determined that that isnt even a charvel neck...its a fernandez neck with the head stock sanded off..seller got called out and dropped his prices and changed his story. I wouldnt buy jack shit form him bu if you can swing a good deal for the body then go for it
      yelp there was a big discussion over on the Charvel forum and Jim Shine demonstrated that it was most likely a Fernandez neck.

However depending on the price it could still be a great player but no longer factory original.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

wow Thats been modded. With the consideration of it being a Fernandez neck. I would say no more than 500 bucks. If you really have to have it. Otherwise me personally? I'd pay 300. or pass completely unless it had amazing tone and played really right.
        Gil

Comment

I think I will pass

Comment

Nice photos Kev, never say never in charvel land.

I almost bought one of those a while back - the red 2 hum with the kalher - actually played very nice.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Now its on Craigslist for $1699...douchebag
              http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/495872288.html

Comment

Yes it is that is were I saw it in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                X