My second charvel purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second charvel purchase

Just got my flt blk mahagany san dimas. Once I opened the box and checked it over It was nice to see a very visible dent on the front round edge of the head stock. Nice of the Music zoo to check it over before they ship it to me! Ya I know 72 hour policy but who's paying the shipping ,taxes, broker fee and duty that was $478.32? When I bought my redrum From Jason at drum city he told me ahead of time about a defect on the rear and described it perfectly after I told him not to bother with the pictures. Much better service with drum city and will only buy my future charvels through them.

Welcome
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

let them know about your displeasure. I had an issue with a guitar from them and they were more than happy to fix the problem. In my case they knocked money off the guitar so I didn't have to take it back.

If the dents aren't too bad then that is probably a good idea as it might get dented with use anyway
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

You mention duty fees, was it shipped out of the country and via what carrier? Any pics of the dent you can post?

Comment

yeah thats more than guitar asylum did for me when i had issues with my wayne. they told me CALL WAYNE.

Comment

Yeah, call the Music Zoo on it. I've ordered a number of Charvels and Fenders from them. I had a similar issue on a Charvel. They bent over backwards to make right on it, and I was very happy in the end. You've got to let them know though, and let them do their thing.

Comment

I don't like music zoo. They do a real poor job at discribing their products. I bought a DKMG and when I go it from ups it looked like it was the floor model. They didn't even wipe it of!!!!
              Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

nothing but great service and pricing here. I have bought 11 Charvels from the Music Zoo with NO issues.
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
                  I don't like music zoo. They do a real poor job at discribing their products. I bought a DKMG and when I go it from ups it looked like it was the floor model. They didn't even wipe it of!!!!
                  Are you on the East end of the Island or something? You had to have it shipped to you? Just curious
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Slow5l,

Welcome anyhow. I had a ding in the center of my Trem backplate on my MZ Natural. I was a little miffed as I am somewhat a perfectionist. I figured it would happen someday anyhow and left it. But you deserve to have it perfect as described. I'd call them and see what they can do. Heck, GA offered me some picks and a guitar strap for my damages I sent it back and told them, no thanks.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks guys for the welcome. I had it shipped to canada where I live. They told me shipping was included via UPS and it would arrive right away. Well they shipped it with the cheapest frieght method which cost me a $135 in broker fees. If I knew they were going to ship it frieght I would have told them to bill me next day delivery which would have eliminated the $135 broker fee (since it would have been flown in )and cost me $80 bucks and saved them there special free shipping offer. Anyways thats not what made me feel sour. Since I'm sort of a perfectionist, if the dent was on the back somewhere I wouldn't care. But its on the front, and looks like it was sort of touched up. I just don't have the patience to send them pics and have them say "well give you a t shirt and $100 off your next guitar" I'll just deal with guitar land from now on. When I have a chance I'll post some pictures of my collection.

Comment

I'm just curious to see the headstock now.
                        I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X