I took a chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took a chance

I could not get the seller to give me any pictures regarding the headstock fix but it said it would not show up on the camera so I'm hoping it's nothing major. Anyway, this is by far the cheapest USA Charvel I've purchased. Serial number was something like 38## (so I'm guessing its from '84). I'd like to refinish this one but I'm not sure how the real condition of this one is going to be. I guess I'll know in a couple of days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250185879951

joe...
    Last edited by GodWentPUNK; 11-18-2007, 11:13 PM.
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Thats a great deal.Good score.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Damn nice score, I wish I bought my san dimas for that price

Comment

That's a great price, even with the repair. Just a plate will sell for most of the final cost. I'd love to see pics when it shows up

Comment

Assuming that neck is playable (it does not look like it has strings in the pic which gives me pause), that is a great score. Congrats, I hope that one works out.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Lets say the neck is really F**ked. Does anyone know if Charvel will take my old neck and make me a new one? I've heard that they done this in the past but I'm not sure if this is something that is still done today. I hope the neck is still in working order. I'm guessing it will need a new re-fret so I'm not too concerned about that aspect. I wonder if this is an solid maple or glued maple fretboard???

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

that s tres cool, tho they might have used a charvel logo that faced the right way after repairing the headstock...

Comment

whats wrong with the neck?>

Comment

Not really sure. All they said was it was broken and repaired and that the fix could not be photographed...so I'm hoping it's not a problem but I'm just trying to get some information now rather than later.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                    Lets say the neck is really F**ked. Does anyone know if Charvel will take my old neck and make me a new one? I've heard that they done this in the past but I'm not sure if this is something that is still done today. I hope the neck is still in working order. I'm guessing it will need a new re-fret so I'm not too concerned about that aspect. I wonder if this is an solid maple or glued maple fretboard???

joe...
                    dont all pointy charvels have a scarf joint? that would mean they have a glued on board, wouldnt it?

Comment

Yep. The maple fretboard is glued on. I was playing around with my fender strats the other day looking at those necks and I just I forgot about the scarf joint J/C have. sorry to confuse the matter.

joe...
                      www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

congrats
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Last time I checked, fender has put an end to the type of customer service which would allow you to get a "factory" repair on an old guitar. Really the last straw as far as I am concerned as far as giving them anymore business. It is just not the same company (no matter who is supposed to work there now).
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I sent an email to Fender saying that I have an older Charvel from 1984 that was damaged. This was their reply:

ender Musical Instruments Corporation
                            8860 East Chaparral Road Suite 100 Scottsdale, Arizona 85250-2610 USA
                            (480) 596-9690 - www.fender.com

Dear Valued FMIC Consumer,

FMIC authorizes the sale of necks or bodies only as direct replacements for original FMIC necks or bodies which are out of warranty or have been damaged beyond repair. To see if your instrument qualifies under FMIC’s criteria for neck and body replacement, please follow these simple steps.

First, take a series of photographs of your instrument. The photographs must show each of the following:

1. The entire front of the instrument.

2. The entire back of the instrument.

3. A close-up photograph of the head stock.

4. A close-up photograph of the serial number on the instrument. FMIC stringed instrument product serial numbers are located either on the front of headstock, the back of headstock, the back of neck, the heel of the neck, the neck plate or the bridge plate.

Next, bring your instrument along with the photographs of it to an Authorized FMIC Service Center for evaluation. A verification of the authenticity of the instrument as well as the need for either a replacement neck or body would be determined at that time. The Service Center would then send the photographs along with appropriate documentation to our technical support staff here at FMIC to seek approval for the sale of a replacement. If you need assistance locating an Authorized FMIC Service Center near you please contact our Consumer Relations Department at 480-596-7195 or via e-mail to [email protected] and a representative will be happy to assist you, or check out the Authorized Service Center listings at www.fender.com.

FMIC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL VERIFICATIONS
                            IN ORDER TO PROVE THAT YOUR INSTRUMENT IS A GENUINE FMIC PRODUCT.

If approved by FMIC, an authorization for the sale of a new neck or body would then be made, and the Service Center would place an order for the replacement part at that time. The new neck or body most closely matching the specific parts ordered would then be released and invoiced to the Service Center. Please understand that exact replacements may no longer be available, depending on the age and model of your instrument. You would then arrange between yourself and the Service Center the necessary repairs needed to complete your instrument. The original neck or body which is being replaced through this process remains your property and may be retained by you.

All costs involved, including the cost of the replacement part, shipping, insurance, and repairs are solely the responsibility of you, the consumer.
                            www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

what BS
                              Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Working...
                              X