More Crazy Charvel Pricing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Crazy Charvel Pricing!

So I'm checking out the web and seeing who's go what. I come across this at somewhat local dealer(very easy to guess who). I usually don't go for this relic stuff, but I just dug the color and the setup, and thought I could totally live with the relicing.

So I call up and ask what's the price, usually they have the msrp listed and of course from there you can get an idea of what it will cost. This and a few of the Charvels they got in do not have pricing just TBA. Anyways I ask and after putting me on hold for a minute the guy comes back and tell me it list for just shy of 5k. Even after a very good discount this is almost a 3K guitar, WTF!!!!

It's a basic Alder,plain maple neck/rosewood board. I wasn't expecting a plain guitar to FN cost that much. Talk about taking a step back.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

$5k for that POS!!!
    If it were an original maybe, but for a relic'd new one... no F'n way.
    Even at a discount of $3k is still absurd.
    -Rick

Comment

That relic job looks so fake. Who has ever seen a Poly (urethane) paint job wear thru like that? The only way a poly job is going to do that, is if it fell out of the car and got hung up by the seat belt.:ROTF: Dragging behind the car for a few miles. Yeah, if it's a Nitro lacquered vintage Fender Strat.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

They also messed up on the Floyd relic. Everyone knows the finish on the low E fine tuners wears off first.
        I mean how and the hell do you wear off the finish on the A fine tuner without the E going first?
        -Rick

Comment

Relics are what guitar companies make out of what would have otherwise been "factory seconds" or "blems". Beat it up a bit more, and mark up the price! Saweeeeet.

Comment

That Charvel has been hanging around in J/C's stock for quite a while. Several months at least, until finally this dealer picked it up. I'm sure it's a cool guitar and all, but agreed about the way too-high price. ...And that's probably why a dealer hasn't nabbed it until now. That kind of stuff may play well with the 50 & 60-ish Fender crowd but, IMHO, doesn't sit too well with Charvel fans who are predominately still in their 30s and 40s.

P.S.- If you're going to do a relic job to make a guitar look artificially "vintage" and/or "mod'd", why would you put the modern "custom shop" logo on the face? That's just kinda goofy.

Comment

I was wondering when we'd start seeing these kind of guitars. 80's relics. About time, if you ask me. I'd like to see a pink one and a green one...

But that relic job is not that great, like others have stated. But it shows that time is passing by fast. Use to be 60's and 70's based relics, now it's 80's...

God I feel old...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Pat I heard that they made 8-10 of these. I also recommend folks shop around because better deals can be had. I know we don't talk prices here so I will leave it at that.

While I am a big relic fan it looks odd on a Charvel.
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
                  While I am a big relic fan it looks odd on a Charvel.
                  Totally agree. Save the relicing for Strats & Teles.......I like my Charvels pristine with wild graphics.

Comment

Trace - I had heard that as well. But the version I heard was that they were done in different colors, and most went export. ...And we all know how (in)accurate these kind of rumors turn out to be, anyway. There's usually some grain of truth in the middle, surround by a bunch of 2nd- or 3rd-hand inaccurate info. So who know's what's accurate anymore?

Besides, I just wish the custom shop would chill out with over-producing the overpriced "limited runs" that largely turn out to be peg warmers anyway, and just build our damn custom shop orders instead. Just MHO.

Comment

hm...21 fretter with a recessed floyd. now that's period correct.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I'm not certain...but I think that one may have been at winter NAMM.....if not that one...it was one just like it... recessed floyd & all.

Comment

LOL Could not have said it better myself. Lord when will they learn?!......

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                              hm...21 fretter with a recessed floyd. now that's period correct.
                              LOL That's the same thing I was thinking.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X