No announcement yet.

Perfect Jake E Lee Charvel must see!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Jake E Lee Charvel must see!!!

Found this today looks really good but I dont know the details as I cant read Japanese here you go...
    http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do..._id=DS00313469

And another these are USA made getting details shortly all I can say is Nice...
    http://www.digimart.net/gk_detail.do..._id=DS00319027

Just a bump but a Japanese dealer said it is 100% USA mad they tried to get Charvel to make these but ended up having GMW finish the guitars because of the stupid artist similar policies.

They are real Fender 70's strats that were modified exactley like Jake's. I had my friend who speaks Japanese call and find out. I was not clear on if these are reissues of the 70s strats but for sure US made Fenders. Details are lost in translation.

The Japanese dealer did go on a rant of why he does not understand why Charvel is not intrested in processing his orders since they were going to order more than ten.

Comment

Nice, but I wonder how much they will go for? You can make your own and save mega bucks!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

In the first web page, it appears that they are asking for 294,000 Japanese Yen, which is approximately $2574...............Not sure if its worth it????

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          they tried to get Charvel to make these but ended up having GMW finish the guitars because of the stupid artist similar policies.

The Japanese dealer did go on a rant of why he does not understand why Charvel is not intrested in processing his orders since they were going to order more than ten.
          What exactly is their policy regarding artists guitars? They obviously did the EVH guitars and the DeMartini guitars.
          Let's say FMIC did decide to do a Jake run....would they market it as a Fender or a Charvel?

Comment

Originally posted by LastInLine View Post
            What exactly is their policy regarding artists guitars? They obviously did the EVH guitars and the DeMartini guitars.
            Let's say FMIC did decide to do a Jake run....would they market it as a Fender or a Charvel?
            I think first and foremost the artist has to be on board......Both EVH and Demartinis were done with Eddie and Warren directly involved and receiving royalties. I would think if Jake was approached by FMIC and agreed to be involved they'd principally do it, but the business part (how much upfront investment, how many guitars sold, etc.) would be looked at too! A 10 pc lot may not be worth FMIC getting into legal discussions and endorsement/royalty arrangements with an artist.

Comment

This is the stupid part they do not do artist similar guitars anymore.

Lets say I become famous playing a Red tiger stripe Charvel strat with pickguard and two single coils, well if you want to order that exact guitar from the custom shop you cant anymore regardless if I was ever endorsed or not.

Jake E Lee does not own a patent on 70s style strat with Charvel logo, DCGL was going to do a run of these place the order then Mike Eldred cancelled it and said no more artist similar guitars. You cant get a Lynch Sub Camo anymore that is why I bought mine.

Comment

I seem to recall that Jake was approached by FMIC, but he kicked them back...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yep

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  I seem to recall that Jake was approached by FMIC, but he kicked them back...
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                    This is the stupid part they do not do artist similar guitars anymore.

Lets say I become famous playing a Red tiger stripe Charvel strat with pickguard and two single coils, well if you want to order that exact guitar from the custom shop you cant anymore regardless if I was ever endorsed or not.

Jake E Lee does not own a patent on 70s style strat with Charvel logo, DCGL was going to do a run of these place the order then Mike Eldred cancelled it and said no more artist similar guitars. You cant get a Lynch Sub Camo anymore that is why I bought mine.
                    This is pretty simple. Even if the artist doesn't own a patent, copyright or whatever, they can still sue and claim J/C is making money from their "trademark" design. And, in the legal eagle and financial analysts' estimatation, the risk that they'll lose money in such a suit is way more than they'll make by actually producing the guitars. (Example: the aborted Frenchies.)

J/C used to be a small enough (and poor enough) target, that they could get away with it. Plus the lawyers under the old owners weren't as smart or risk-averse. With FMIC ownership, J/C is a much bigger target with deeper pockets. Not to mention the FMIC legal brigade, which seems to be much more heavily involved in product development/approval.

All unfortunate realities of today's legal environment. I don't like it either. But it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      This is pretty simple. Even if the artist doesn't own a patent, copyright or whatever, they can still sue and claim J/C is making money from their "trademark" design. And, in the legal eagle and financial analysts' estimatation, the risk that they'll lose money in such a suit is way more than they'll make by actually producing the guitars. (Example: the aborted Frenchies.)

J/C used to be a small enough (and poor enough) target, that they could get away with it. Plus the lawyers under the old owners weren't as smart or risk-averse. With FMIC ownership, J/C is a much bigger target with deeper pockets. Not to mention the FMIC legal brigade, which seems to be much more heavily involved in product development/approval.

All unfortunate realities of today's legal environment. I don't like it either. But it is what it is.
                      +100 !!!!!

Comment

Thats the thing they(artist) would never actually win in court its just the legal cost to fight that case would be tremendous. That is what I guess spooked FMIC.

I really feel if they(FMIC) are that scared of a lawsuit then just dont make guitars anymore, artist could sue for a whole lot of reasons but very few would actually win in court.

Look at the PRS vs. Gibson case where PRS won based on body likeness that was a huge case that set precedence for the guitar industry as a whole. That is one of the only actual cases that went to court regarding guitars everything else has been done by Cease and Desist letters (ie. ESP explorers) no actual cases going to court that I am aware of. All the other desicions were based on legal advice.

If you dont want to take any risk well it will severly cut into your profits and this is the case here.

Comment

Can't argue with that. A really good summary and I'll bet it's dead on.
                          GM,
                          www.aftershok.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Metal View Post
                            I would think if Jake was approached by FMIC and agreed to be involved they'd principally do it, but the business part (how much upfront investment, how many guitars sold, etc.) would be looked at too! A 10 pc lot may not be worth FMIC getting into legal discussions and endorsement/royalty arrangements with an artist.
                            i haven't read the rest of the thread, but FMIC was in touch with jake e lee (thanks to the jcf admins) and was told no thanks. obviously, they got in touch with warren (thanks to the jcf admins and a former admin) and worked a deal.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

My question would be why even approach Jake E Lee in the first place unless you want him to do a endoresment deal. He would never even know about a limited run dealer small batch unless someone told him about it but then what could he do?

With the Sub Camo run they did not need to go get in touch with George Lynch did they?

Comment

Working...
                              X