Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel's Warren D. re-issue - no Frenchie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel's Warren D. re-issue - no Frenchie?

I tried to search a little on this one but I guess I'm just going to be lazy and ask the experts. It looked like FMIC was originally going to do 4 different Warren re-issues, which included the Frenchie. However, it looks like after the NAMM show when they were shown, that the Frenchie was dropped from the line.

Is that the case and if so, why did FMIC drop the Frenchie? I always that was a pretty good-looking finish.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Legal issues with the artwork I believe.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

There was a post a while back regarding Winter 2007 NAMM where somebody mentioned that he had spoken to Warren at NAMM, and Warren had said that artwork ownership issues on the Frenchie were not resolved yet.

Comment

Thanks for that info. It's too bad because I think the Frenchie was pretty cool and would have been a rather tempting purchase.

Comment

i think Shawn has one....i think he showed it to me the night he got it. if i remember correctly, it was in a hooters parking lot and the guitar was AWESOME...the ONLY one of that demartini guy's guitars i would want.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            i think Shawn has one....i think he showed it to me the night he got it. if i remember correctly, it was in a hooters parking lot and the guitar was AWESOME...the ONLY one of that demartini guy's guitars i would want.
            I believe at least one (the 2006 NAMM guitar) or maybe even a few were made previously. I recall seeing one at NAMM and at least one on the busdriver's Charvel log (# 6984). Official production Demartinis are the other 3 models though (Crossed Swords, Skull, and the Bomber).

Comment

Hey Marky Mark, wassup?

Yeah, its still here, and its still awesome...As far as I know, the only one allowed out, but who knows. Lets get together soon...

S

Last edited by Shawn; 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM.
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Now the Frenchie is a Dinky body correct, it looks like a strat body to me?

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  Now the Frenchie is a Dinky body correct, it looks like a strat body to me?

Nope, definitely a dinky body. Harder edges, smaller.

S
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Ok Thanks,
                    I see it now,

Now the Sub Camo that was a dinky body as well?

I have had kind of a hard time identifying them...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                      Hey Marky Mark, wassup?

Yeah, its still here, and its still awesome...As far as I know, the only one allowed out, but who knows. Lets get together soon...

S

Is yours the 6984 Shawn?

Comment

Very cool guitar, Shawn. Thanks for posting those pics.

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                            Very cool guitar, Shawn. Thanks for posting those pics.
                            Hey , you're welcome!

You can see it again if you ever want to at Charvels.com

Mr. Metal, yes, #6984. Came from Winter 2006 NAMM show. That show was an awesome haul for me, I literally filled all my Charvel wants essentially in one shot!

All of these are from NAMM....

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Nice haul Shawn! I am so fucking jealous.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X